memory problem..

hey boys and girls..i have a problem...i bought new rig today..

evga 680i

quad core 6600

4 x 1gb kingmax (for now)

850w ocz xtreme

evga 2 x 8800gtx

etc...

my problem is that i see only 2.5gb of memory...what can it beee wrong??tnx in advance

plus , when i did my xp system , and installed rainbow six or GRAW games started to freez... after all drivers and everything, so redid xp and still get same stuff.. help plz!

What OS are you running? Windows XP 32-bit version? If so, you will not see all 4gb of memory unless you are running a Windows 64-bit OS. It is a Windows 32-bit limitation.

However, there are a few tricks to get your motherboard to detect all 4gb and possibly get Windows to recognize more.

so everything it's ok with my memory??do i have to download some cpu optimizer or what?when i wanna play rainbow six vegas system tester says that my cpu isn't enought for minimal requrements...i'm getting BSOD-s whenever i wanna play game

I am not familiar with your bios, but when I was running 4x 1GB of Ballistix on my xp-pro, I set the memory hole option to enable on the bios to see 3.50gb. When I used xp64 and set the memory hole, it saw 4gb. Right now on my DS3R, I have four of the Ballist on it and it sees 3.50.

No, for the AMD 3000 Venice there isn't any "optimizer" that needs to be used. I think you are referring to the "optimizer" for AMD dual core processors. You can use CPuZ to see if Windows "sees" the total amount of RAM that is installed. But even if certain windows based applications "see" all four gb of memory, that isn't what Windows is reporting.

i was asking for cpu optimizer for q6600 and for the rig i have problems with not venice one :)

where do i see if i'm running SLI?on wich conectors do i put sli bridge??sry i'm noob with intel and sli stuff.. :S

when i run 3dmark 2006 my rig freezes..

For Intel CPU's all you need is the chipset driver which also contains the .inf file.

No other optimizer needed.

As for the freezing and other system instability . . .

Have you ran both Memtest and Orthos to determine if all of your hardware and subsystems are stable?

well think i found problem..i was running 3dmark06 loop test with one 8800gtx for 2h and no problems..then i put the other one and run again 3dmark2006 with both cards for 3h with no problems..BUT with 2gb of ram..think other 2gb r making a problem..

Have you tested each of your RAM modules individually with Memtest. You may have a bad stick. Also, when you are trying to run 4gb make sure to set CPC/CR to 2T. You can find that setting in your BIOS Memory Timing section.

ye i know that..it is on 2t..i still didnt had a chance to test memory..testing GPU for now..now i'm having 1 more problem..when i enable slik i got flickering screen..cant boot in windows after restart cuz flickering..

Chan,

What is slik? Do you mean SLi?

You realize that in stock condition that the Ultra-D supports up to two video cards but not actually SLi right? i.e. the video cards cannot be "teamed' to create real SLi unless you mod the nf4 chipset.