35 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like when I built my DFI rig, a PS/2 keyboard was mandatory for getting into the BIOS. Decided on a PS/2 mouse too. My USB ports are all full anyway. No room for keyboard or mouse.

My only complaint is that the mouse curser will jump from one side of the screen to the other for no apparent reason. I’m used to it tho, but never saw it before I built this rig.

Seems like when I built my DFI rig, a PS/2 keyboard was mandatory for getting into the BIOS. Decided on a PS/2 mouse too. My USB ports are all full anyway. No room for keyboard or mouse.

My only complaint is that the mouse curser will jump from one side of the screen to the other for no apparent reason. I’m used to it tho, but never saw it before I built this rig.

The jumping usually occurs because the rollers for the mouse ball sensors are gummed up with "stuff". Remove the ball, clean the rollers and ithe cursor won't jump around. You can use a q-tip to carefully clean the crap off the rollers and the area where the ball sits. It was always cheaper to clean them up than buy another mouse.:)

The jumping usually occurs because the rollers for the mouse ball sensors are gummed up with "stuff". Remove the ball, clean the rollers and ithe cursor won't jump around. You can use a q-tip to carefully clean the crap off the rollers and the area where the ball sits. It was always cheaper to clean them up than buy another mouse.:)

It's an optical mouse.

• 2 months later...

refuse to use USB keyboards. Piles of crap that rarely work on all motherboards (PS/2 keyboards however, work EVERY TIME unless you got a bad PS/2 port).

I've no doubt the logitech G15 is great and all, but it don't actually make me play Team Fortress 2 or Crysis or World in Conflict any better than a plain old Compaq/Gateway keyboard.

mouse is ALWAYS USB as it polls at a much better rate for my FPS needs, but other than that, I could care less honestly (since I rarely play FPS games anymore...one of the test stations has a PS/2 optical Logitech mouse and honestly...I can't tell the difference between it and my OCZ Equalizer or Logitech MX510 and MX310 and Microsoft Intellimouse Explorers etc)