Sign in to follow this  
Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

Do you read the EULA and the variations thereof anymore?

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, of course.
    • No. I've read one, I know what's going on.
    • Sometimes

Guest r3d c0m3t

I've read a couple during my n00b days, but now they're all practically the same, save for a few variations or additions to here and there. In a nutshell it's all "Do this, do that. Don't do this, don't do that." I could be a bit hasty, but once you've read one, it does seem like you've read them all.

Heh. This doesn't stop me from skimming over any of the new EULAs for whatever new program I'm installing, though. I'm not that naive. :sweat:

i have never looked.

I trust companies... plus if something changes with a new program.. thats what add/remove programs is for.

Never ever.

EULAs, like warranties, rules, pinatas, and copyright law - were made to be broken.

Yep I have never read one eather :tooth:

In the UK the EULA is useless - especially if you've bought a shrink wrapped game from a shop as you can't read the contract - "EULA" - until you've paid and opened the thing. This is bad (legally) and refunds etc., can't be denied unless the shop staff want to test your knowledge of our consumer laws.

Not sure how this works on the North American continent but I'm happy to be enlightened about this.

Guest r3d c0m3t

Most of the EULA's I've come across are basically telling you to safeguard yourself from what's "illegal", because spending money is always better than getting that same thing for free, right?

Heh. Sarcasm.

I think it's about time I stopped skimming over them because I've grown tired of read gigantic "TEXT" shown in like, 32 point font or some .. I'm not blind, y'know.

PS - I'm not to blame for certain "sites" that allow me to get what I want without much hassle, I won't reveal any names, but I'm pretty certain a lot of us here already know of several. :rolleyes:

No. Not likely to go against it whether for commercial or open source/freeware, though the latter are generally actually interesting and brief enough to read through.

Read them................are you kidding? :eek:

Never, what's the point they where written by demons, I mean lawyer’s.

Guest r3d c0m3t
Never, what's the point they where written by demons, I mean lawyer’s.

:shake::shake::shake:

I think that falls under the category... Uhhh yeeeah, we're not doing that..