Zalman ZM600-HP

Repr

I just salvaged this PSU out of an old pc from a friend. its in perfect shape but he bought a complete new system and couldnt be bothered to replace them. its like 1 month old.....

does anyone have any experience with these psu's?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest MadDias

ordered myself a ZALMAN ZM850-HP.

got it today and installed it.

it worked for about 2hrs, then suddenly my screen went black and there was a strange noise coming from my pc... i opened the side cover of my tower and saw the red error led´s on my hd2900pros flicker. then i shut down my pc by pressing the power button and after that the system never came back to life again with this psu.

i swapped the psu with my old ocz gxs 700w again and everything is working fine.

i´ll rma the faulty zalman psu and hope that i get a correct working one back.

didn´t expect this to happen from a zalman product.

• 1 month later...
Guest MadDias

got my replacement ZM850-HP today. it´s now working for more than 24hrs.

i think it does work now because i didn´t turn the noise surpressor switch on.

it´s a switch that turns on surpression of high pitched noise in 5v standby mode.

when i had the first psu of this type i turned the switch on and fired up my system. after about 2hrs the psu was dead.

i don´t wanna do this again.

does anyone have one of these zalman psu´s? do u turn on noise surpression or do u leave it off?

i really wonder why they put a switch on the psu for this? maybe it really should only be turned on when the psu is in standby and not under full load.