whats this?

catkicker

Lol...

Can't tell you what that metal thing is, but the rest looks like a Logitech MX518 cruising on a X-trac Ripper mouse pad - remarkably similar to the one my MX518 is resting on right now...

Not sure about the heatpipe setup, could it be a PCI support bar for something? Whats the grey part attached to it like - soft? hard?

Looks like a support for an add-in module...like you see in some servers (especially 4U type cases). Kind of a weird design for one, usually for those support bars you'll have a bar going across the top of the pci section of the motherboard.

or it could be a new fangled beer opening mechanism...

Just my 2 cents...

Aha!

That makes sense - you use it to replace the slot cover between the 2 cards. The gray area looks like the right width for the SLI bridge ribbon cable.

Guest culinist
Aha!

That makes sense - you use it to replace the slot cover between the 2 cards. The gray area looks like the right width for the SLI bridge ribbon cable.

Yepper:nod:

I got one of those with my gyga-byte 6600 GT with the heat pipe cooler on it. It is a PCI bracket that holds the SLi bridge and has a couple of different way to attach an included small fan.

And yea, looks like that mouse got beat up by a cat... :rolleyes: That's what you get for kickin your cat, it beats up you mouse. :tooth: