Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

World In Conflict: multiplayer tester/reviewer(s) needed

Ok, I started playing World In Conflict last night. I'm not a big RTS guy, but I do dig some of them. This game, only two missions in...I can't say how I feel about it yet. I like that there are no resources to farm/gather, and I dig Alec Baldwin's narration, but I'm not so keen on the cheese voice acting during gameplay.

But the story is totally rocking...Red Dawn was awesome, and the graphics in this game are pretty darn awesome too.

Anyway, I just don't dig multiplayer anymore, but I know most of you do. So if anyone is playing this game and wants to help me do a write-up/review of the multiplayer aspect, just post in this thread and we'll see how it goes.

Basically the same as we were going to do for Bioshock until I found out that Bioshock is a piece of . game because of the nasty near-rootkit copy protection and limited validation crap that I wouldn't even give to anyone, worst enemies included.

im still wondering if im gonna buy it. from what ive read so far it seems its leaning too much on multiplayer, and im not a multiplayer fan. im waiting for your review on the single player side of the game before buying it :P

Just downloaded the demo. I'm kind of like you in regard to RTS games, though. I really like Company of Heroes and enjoyed CnC:Generals. I never finished CnC, but it was quite good. The one thing with me and RTS, is that I never get real comfortable with the numerous key binds.

However, I have liked this demo so far. The graphics are quite good. As I play though the demo and like it enough to buy it, I may get this one.

What I have liked so far is that there is minimal resource gathering. It's pretty straight ahead tactical combat. I just got to get comfortable with the key binds.

If you want my thoughts based on the demo, let me know.

im still wondering if im gonna buy it. from what ive read so far it seems its leaning too much on multiplayer, and im not a multiplayer fan. im waiting for your review on the single player side of the game before buying it :P

the only multiplayer I like anymore is co-op. I just get tired of going against others because I'm honestly just not that good, and maybe I actually am, but I prefer playing WITH people instead of against them.

I'm enjoying the game so far, but it's a little...odd...but it might just be that I don't like too many RTS games, I dunno. Let me finish it and see what I have to say about single-player though for sure. It's definitely enjoyable enough to keep playing. I usually can't get more than an hour or two into an RTS (C&C3 I couldn't play for more than 2 hours, I just didn't care for it even though it looked friggin awesome).

If you haven't tried out the original Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, I HIGHLY suggest you try it out. The single-player campaign is freaking awesome...it's so cheesy honestly (the story and voice acting) but at the same time, the cheese really really really got me hooked on it, and after the 15th campaign, I was really sad that it was over, which is very rare for me and RTS games. I played a little co-op with momma but it just wasn't the same.

In a couple of words, here's what it is: Space Church.

Sounds lame or cheesy but seriously it's pretty damned awesome. I didn't much care for the expansion (Winter Assault, but I never played it with anything other than the Imperial Guard, so maybe I'll go back and play it with Chaos instead), and while the new Dawn of War: Dark Crusade was a killer game, I didn't care for it because it didn't have that cheesy, continuous narrative storyline. It was more like Rise of Nations in presentation, except momma and I really liked Rise of Nations because of the cheese narrative/story lol.

Just downloaded the demo. I'm kind of like you in regard to RTS games, though. I really like Company of Heroes and enjoyed CnC:Generals. I never finished CnC, but it was quite good. The one thing with me and RTS, is that I never get real comfortable with the numerous key binds.

However, I have liked this demo so far. The graphics are quite good. As I play though the demo and like it enough to buy it, I may get this one.

What I have liked so far is that there is minimal resource gathering. It's pretty straight ahead tactical combat. I just got to get comfortable with the key binds.

If you want my thoughts based on the demo, let me know.

I too hate all teh zillions of keybinds etc. The graphics definitely are awesome. There's a scenario in single-player where you get to call in a nuclear strike and...the graphics are incredible. Especially the smoke and the debris from explosions.

I also really like the camera. It doesn't zoom out far enough (though that one RTS Supreme COmmander I think zooms out way too far lol), but it doesn't hinder you at all, and once you learn to use both the camera movement keys along with the mouse on the edge of teh screen, you can pan&zoom like a pro.

I still don't use the keybinds much. I do like the fact that it isn't straight up creating units and fighting. I also love how you can call in airstrikes, artillery, tank busters, laser-guided bombs, chopper defense cover, etc.

Carpet Bombing = sweeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!

oops, I forgot to say that I still hope someone who is into RTS and multiplayer will come along and take a shot and helping with a review of this game. It will probably fill up my time until Guitar Hero III comes out (gonna get that for the Wii methinks) and Mass Effect for the 360.

I got the demo and played it a little bit! I think it is a good game but it doesn't really kick my of the couch! I mean the graphics are good etc. but it is by far not as good as C&C which I like a lot! Well, maybe I need to play it a bit more but this will be a problem since the initial attempt didn't make a mind blowing impression on me. So far STALKER along with Vegas are the best games I played this year but again I don't have the time to play every new game out there. I would like to get hold of BIOSHOCK and play since I liked the demo but like Angry already mentioned the copy protection they put is ridiculous and this is why I won't buy and support this company! Maybe we should open a section here where people would be ready to share the games they played all the way through to the members of the forum. Maybe for a small fee etc.

Its my first time playing this type of game. I'm impressed with the graphics, very excellent. I went through the tutorial a couple of times before I gave it a shot, and I think I will need to get some getting used to the controls of the game. It looks cool so far and I'm enjoying it.

ive played the demo, and though it looks great, i just cant work with the controls. it kept me frustrating the entire game. guess i wont be playing it