Sign in to follow this  
ReelFiles

Legal Movie / TV Show sources

Q: Is there a limit to the number of movies I can watch instantly on my PC?

A: Watching movies instantly on your PC is limited by viewing time each month. The limit is based on your plan size.

For each $1 of monthly plan cost (excluding taxes), 1 hour of instant watching is included. For example, if you are on our 3 at-a-time (unlimited) plan, you pay $16.99 a month, and you have 17 hours of instant viewing time per month

Not sure on the resolution or bitrate since I reinstalled windows today. The main reason I use netflix is late charges lol. Work so much I end up forgetting I have the movies for extended periods of time. As for streaming/downloading movies there has to be a better service around I haven't checked out yet.

Guest Blooz1

WWW.Movieflix.com runs fine, but most of the "free" movies (As opposed to the $7.95/mo plan, which lets you watch anything on the site) were of average quality when they were "new".

Most of these are from the 30's/40's/50's, but there's lots of funky old "serials", training/propaganda films from WWII, stuff like that.

Guest r3d c0m3t

There's a really great site that has movies, TV shows, cartoons, anime, even music videos - the library is hella' hefty, too.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

Majority of the links are hosted on third-party servers and are legal, whatever bootlegged videos show up are almost instantly deleted.

Enjoy. :rolleyes:

All of these services seem so behind the times.

DRM, standard definition. I don't even watch stuff below 720p anymore, and these "new" services that cost good money look worse than the xvids I was watching 4 years ago.

Is it just me, or are legit services kind of like the third world countries of media & entertainment ?

All of these services seem so behind the times.

DRM, standard definition. I don't even watch stuff below 720p anymore, and these "new" services that cost good money look worse than the xvids I was watching 4 years ago.

Is it just me, or are legit services kind of like the third world countries of media & entertainment ?

I just wait for it to come out on DVD so I can get it from Netflix. I can't stand waiting days for something to download nor downloading it 123 times just to find one that isn't pixelated, grainy, tinny-sounding, etc.

If it's stuff I really want, I just buy it (usually 6 months after it comes out and the rental stores and half.com/amazon.com are offering used ones for $4.99)

the one thing I'd like to say is that DirecTV ALL YEAR LONG has been promising 150+ new HD channels by the end of the year. I went to their website last night and saw they've changed it to only maybe 100, and only named a specific few...yet they aren't putting ads back on touting how they are only instead bringing out 100 or less HD channels by years end. I love how companies can't ever just be honest and apologize and say "ah shucks, we xxxxed up and overpromised!"

Isn't directv HD lite? :(

That's another thing.. stuff with bitrate below that of DVDs being called "HDTV" - directv doesn't just suck with channels, they suck in quality too.

If there were just _one_, of any of these download services that could compete with other places on the internet, even if the download service were free, I wouldn't be a dick about it. Any one of these services could cost nothing, and they'd still be worse in both convenience, selection, quality, and portability. It's amazing.

I know where you're coming from Thasp, directv has been promising tons of new HD content, but I have yet to see them deliver. Even our Directv rep at the store has told us that he isn't sure when they'll be able to deliver the content they're promising.

PS Reel YGPM

Well you can tell comcast On Demand movies are not DVD quality, in High action scenes I have noticed a blocking effect like when you watch a DivX movie that was once DVD. So maybe they are all encoded in another format to shrink it to an acceptable size for downloading or streaming. Rather just get them delivered to the mailbox or go to the store

There's a really great site that has movies, TV shows, cartoons, anime, even music videos - the library is hella' hefty, too.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

Majority of the links are hosted on third-party servers and are legal, whatever bootlegged videos show up are almost instantly deleted.

Enjoy. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the linky

Star Trek, Gumball 3000, CSI, Little Britain, Mythbusters etc Ill never be board at work again he he.

CN :)

Tv Links, at the bottom of each list are the latest updates, they usually disappear within a few hours. Always go for the Stage 6 movies they are downloadable and 9/10 good DVD rips to Divx, and all the rest are terrible quality or from idiots that take a vid cam into a cinema, but then you get a live audience laugh at the funny bits along with people going to the bathroom...lol.

Awesome site, hope they stay alive.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe that standard TV looks more like crap than it ever did, ever since HD was getting pushed out. Just watch some regular Discovery channel and it makes you wonder if they lowered res so that HD looks even better.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe that standard TV looks more like crap than it ever did, ever since HD was getting pushed out. Just watch some regular Discovery channel and it makes you wonder if they lowered res so that HD looks even better.

I have seen the same thing with my cable. I love the discovery channel. Just a shame that we have this nice HDTV and SDTV looks like @ss on in! :mad: Anyways I was talking to a rep from time warnner cable up at bestbuy and I asked him about SDTV looking more and more like crap. He told me I am getting spoiled by the hi res of HDTV programming. Then I asked him what type of res is the HD content that gets sent to my house. "480p, 720p, 1080i/p" He told me what ever the box is set to. That did not make sence to me. I have my box set to 720p but know I am not getting 720p. The guy then walked away from me a started to talk to another person and scam them.

What I think is that we are getting a scaled up pictuer. Like 480p - 720p/1080i. My over-the-air HD looks better then my cable! Now that is just not right! I will watch the late show on CBS and flip between my cable and over-the-air, and I can see the difference. Over-the-air is so much better. I do stream all my over-the-air content through my pc to my xbox360, so I dont know if that makes a difference in the picture or not. I am going to drop my cable in the next month or so. I just have to find a new ISP befor that point.

Sign in to follow this