Heroes - Season 1 (no spoilers or else)

Angry_Games

NO SPOILERS OR YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THIS FORUM

I friggin hate dummies who roll in and spoil the plots/stories for everyone when we haven't watched the entire thing yet. So don't do it. I will ban you permanently.

Ok, anyway, who else is watching this tv show?

I thought it sounded pretty damn gay at first, but then I saw Xbox Live offer a free HD download of episode 1, so I figured what the hell, I'll check it out as I know everyone on earth is probably watching it but me (since everyone is talking about it).

I got to say after that first episode, I got hooked, and so did momma (she was as skeptical as I was, since all network tv is crap like CSI, Lost, Who Wants To Bang a Millionaire, The Donald, whatever, it's all stupid nonsense tv).

So now we've watched the first 10 episodes (we are waiting for disc 4-7 from Netflix!), and it hasn't gotten stupid yet!

If you dig this show, let us know. But don't go talking about any specific plots or storylines, because I have a feeling that a lot of people who have never seen this show will read this and decide they want to check it out...and we all hate spoilers!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it, enjoyed it for the most part, some episodes did not progress through the story line far enough to make it entertaining that evening..

ya I noticed this in what we've seen, but so far it seems that in the next episode (or two) those storylines start to progress again, which is good.

I like that it goes back and forth between all of the characters and that it doesn't jump to the plot climax right away nor every episode (10 episodes in, I'm still waiting for the climax, and it keeps me wanting to watch more!).

It was odd that they introduced the LA cop, as it looked like an after-decision after they already made the first episode, but it's progressing nicely. Carly thought his mind-reading power would be pretty cool but I told her to just imagine if I had that power...she'd live in complete fear because she'd never be able to hide anything from me...EVER. (she claims she doesn't have anything to hide from me so it's a moot point, but I told her to REALLY think about it carefully...it would be a life of living in fear because while she may not hide things from me, imagine NEVER being able to hide your thoughts from someone...total and complete fear lol).

*ahem*

anyway...hoping disc 4 comes today...

I was skeptical as well but the fact that the BBC was planning to run it gave me the impression it was above the norm and I have been hooked ever since episode 1

. In fact I like it so much I watch the following episode on BBC3 and then watch it again the following week - I have never done this in my life with a TV series.

The missus thinks its a load of nonsense (as well as oc'ing, games, getting drunk...)

Slightly off thread but I started watching Battlestar Galactica which has also hooked me.

Its been a long time since I found the TV so interesting

I enjoyed it, very original, which is such a breathe of fresh air in this cloudy desolate factory that is media today. Is it just me, or does anyone else ease the gun ever closer to their head when you even hear a hint of the term "reality tv" show, or anything like it.

I enjoyed it, very original, which is such a breathe of fresh air in this cloudy desolate factory that is media today. Is it just me, or does anyone else ease the gun ever closer to their head when you even hear a hint of the term "reality tv" show, or anything like it.

the only REAL reality show is COPS on Fox (and America's Most Wanted I suppose)

the rest are all fake as far as I'm concerned. Or maybe not all fake, but all bull crap nonsense crap that I wouldn't force my worst enemy to watch (like Fox News hahahaha)

I didn't get anymore Heroes discs today dammit...I'm starting to jonez really really bad...like a lot of you, this is the first series (other than BSG) in a LONG time to make me an addict!

Yep, Heroes is good stuff. Wifey and I don't miss any episodes, if you're into this kind of stuff you'll probably dig 4400 and Lost as well. Besides that we also watch House and Prison Break, which is on today. I started getting into Weeds, but missed a few episodes so I have some catching up to do.

I have heard of it and havent seen it...But I do also watch Prison Break and House...

House just cuz he a cool dick...reminds me of me sometimes...or the dick I'd like to be at times...lol

My favorite show was/is One Tree Hill...who could say no to Sophia Bush...? Havent missed a show yet...

but yea...already got plans to sit infront of the tube to see the season premier of Prison Break...

I'm one of those I secretly watch it because I figured most people didn't. :P

Everyone I talk to seems to not watch it, but then out of all my friends I am the only one who built their own computer. Most of my friends don't even own a computer. It's a type of show that gets you thinking which I dig.

I have the last 3-4 episodes on the DVR unwatched because I was doing a lot of moving/traveling during that period, so I'm glad you reminded me of this.