I want a program to make music...

Guest Loony_merged

I'm looking for some sweet software to make music. I want something with loops and little bits of music so I can make techno or rap beats, and something that I can record my own loops into also.

Does anyone know of any good ones?

I played with mixmeister pro for a "short" while. Its a great mixing tool for mp3's (which is what I used it for), supports dual sound cards etc... Has a nice graphical representation and beat matching etc. but it doesn't have a base library of effects. It also made me realise that I'm . at music and mixing.

hehe, nah. I remember using version 4 or 5 and I had made this awesome little track and the wife thought I had downloaded a Euro rave MP3....lol. Its as easy as pie to make something sound professional. Infact when you use it you can almost see these so called "artists" for what they are.....geeks with PC's. Being able to do it with the turntables and a pair of headphones is hard but I did pull of a very good mix once, I made a rave track from the beatles "Its been a hard days night" was freaking awesome, long time ago. Then I grew up and got married stopped going to rave's n clubs and its been all down hill from there, I hate being old. I think I'm gonna go cry myself a river now then build a bridge and get over it. :D

If you have the dough, go get an old copy of Reason2.0 or the new version (I think they called it Rebirth?) It's facking good... complicated, but you can do so much!

The "E-Jay" series is ok but really all it is is a tracker... beginner stuff... easy to use and learn quickly, but you'll hit a wall sooner and have to buy something else to get the funtionality you want. afaik the company that makes it holds rights to any piece of music you make with it... someone correct me if I interpreted the EULA wrong. You'd be better off doing some old MOD/XM tracking, you can do more with those (Search Google for "MOD Tracker" you'll come up with thousands).