The "where has UncleDavid218 been?" thread!

UncleDavid218

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car got dyno tuned a couple of weeks ago and I'm sitting at 240RWHP on the stock turbo @ 11PSI.

(I don't know if I mentioned I got another RX-7... this one was a turbo model stock. I still have my red one for a daily driver though.)

Here's a picture of the car sideways (in the parking lot of my school in the summer... there's a ton of rubber on the lot now and everyone wonders what it's from... I smile and nod :)):

TurboII.jpg

0And2More800.jpg

is drifting legal? do u just do that in the parking lot?

dont no if its worth all that $$ for tires

Well I don't really know of it's legality (I'm sure it's illegal... reckless driving or something) but I don't do it on public roads because in my opinion it's stupid (though I know of plenty of people who do).

And the car is only driven in the summer so it may not be worth it but at least I don't have to deal with it year around!

is drifting legal? do u just do that in the parking lot?

dont no if its worth all that $$ for tires

It probably falls under braking traction and reckless driving. I prefer donuts off road but hey to each his own lol. And as far as the money you could say the same thing about computers or any other hobby. Most hobbies cost money and wether or not it is worth it depends on how much enjoyment you get out of it. If your having fun with your life then who cares. You can't take your money with you in the after life so I say have fun with it.

I prefer to see if I can carry the front tires across the intersection, but I don't do that because it's exhibition of speed and it's illegal. Wouldn't want to ruin my 17 year streak without a ticket..

Time and place is the key..

Glad to hear from you, UD.

Heck, it ain't the girl that taking all of your money; two RX-7's? You (or DAD - Seniors in high school can't possibly work enough to afford two cars and tires for drifting.) aren't short on money that's for certain.

Good luck on Premed.

Glad to hear from you, UD.

Heck, it ain't the girl that taking all of your money; two RX-7's? You (or DAD - Seniors in high school can't possibly work enough to afford two cars and tires for drifting.) aren't short on money that's for certain.

Good luck on Premed.

I cannot say that he hasn't helped me but right now I've paid for both of them + insurance + mods + tires + gas.

It's basically drained me financially but like raiderfan said you can't take it with you!