2G of Redline, or 4G of OCZ Platinum?

MalibuSS

Choices...

I can't decide if I want to swap out my current 2Gigs of OCZ Platinum (In my sig) with 2Gigs of Mushkin Redline DDR500 to get off of the divider and maybe push a little further, or if I should get another set of OCZ's for 4Gigs and say goodbye to my 1T and overclock...

Any opinions?

This paired with a new 8800GTS 640 is meant to hold me over until I can Build a new Q6600 based PC (Probably around a year)

-MalibuSS

I just ordered 2gb's of dual channel redlines for my new build and they have micron D9 chips which are freakin' awesome. I got them right here now.

Pc6400 ddr2 4-4-3-10 right out of the box. And i hear they are VERY oc-able.

I had 2 set of ocz ram with infineon chips, and i hate infineon. I had all kinds of incompatibility problems with them. OCZ was very kind and even upgraded me from ddr400 to ddr500. I still couldn't get crap out of them. I would definatly go with the Mushkins. but that's just my opnion. Micron chips rock!

These paired with your 640mb you won't need 4 gigs of ram. I doubt there are any games now or in near future that will need more memory than 2gb system and 640 vram. And you can keep your 1T :)

By the way, you probably know this but your sig isn't showing up.

Thanks for the advice Jaz,

I see your point. I'm leaning towards the Redlines, but the Platinums are $50 cheaper as well. That along with me liking to multitask alot keeps me going back and forth...Damnit...I hate these choices...(okay I secretly love them but...)

Actually my sig disappeared after I made an edit...

Thanks for the heads up...

http://www.ncixus.com/ I paid $162 for my dual channel sticks. and i got them in 2 days. They're sitting right here now. Very fast shipping.

Edit; Correction-my ram isn't redlines. Those are the pc8000 series. mine are xp2-6400. Sorry. still very good stuff. i checked with asus mushkin and amd and my ram is compatible with all three. AND v card! Huh.