Help Me With Me Ram Order Please

Should get a pretty good overclock- definitely get the SLK-947U with an very good fan- A lot of people have the Vantec Tornado- but it is very loud- but with that kind of overclock your talking about- you will need all the help you can get at that speed...without going to water cooling. The level 2's rated to handle up to 217mhz anything above that is on your own merit and caution. I ran 220x12 for about 2 weeks till my HD took a dump- probably to the high FSB. But my seagates are ATA 100's not 133's like maxtors or even SATA drives. There is no set standard in overclocking- just statements from individuals on what their individual rigs can do.

PS- Also have some good TIM like Arctic Silver or Ceramique for your 947U- I didn't use the stuff the manufacturer supplied- I trust Arctic Silver better from past experiences Case temp 20c/ CPU temp 34c Idle / 39c Load.

I'll prob run the FSB at 210 then... that sure as hell should be enough... ;) thanks...

(Of course I'm gona use AS 5 :D ) I wonder if one of those stealth fans will cut it?

Like I said you could get the tornado and put the Sunbeam Rheostat on it to control the noise- I believe www.svc.com has the sunbeam. I'm currently using an old 92mm Zalman fan that came with my 6000cu to cool my HS. I preferred quiet versus performance--But Panaflos are good also. With all copper you can't go wrong. Also Thermalright introduced the SP-97 for AMD- better than SLK-947- Check it out- it has heatpipes to help move the heat.

Edited by smithy