Numer#2 Odd OC"ing Question

Well guy's I think I may have hit a wall I was actually able to get my box up to 2.9 the Ortho's is running in the background but at 3.0 with the new and improved ram setting's I hit the wall at 2.9. When I try 3.0 my Ortho's error's out the first calcuation I even tryed the test that dosent use any ram and no go tryed setting the ram back to 133/266/399mhz and still no go as it's the cpu and it dosent seam to matter what vcore I set it to. Im just running the same setting the guy who made it to 3 is useing a 1.450 or 1.425 at 104%=1.44 either way as I encrease it the temp gose up but dosent seam to help with the overclock.

I know that i have one of those newer stepping's cant remember what one now but I may have just got all this one will due, Im still useing the ver 6 Bio's for this MB as it's a UTslider I dont know Im out of option's it seam's to run allright on everything but with error's like that I know it will mess something up buring or something. Im actually running my ram at 534mhz at 0.1volt over the 2.6 to 2.7 and with beter setting's looser ones anyway.

Since the CPU is the prob can anybody think of anything I can do there other than cutting the top off ?

EDIT-after a copple hour's at 2.9 at the 333 ram setting's Ide get a error that im testing out to find out if it ram related if it is Ill just leave it to 133/266/428mhz setting to see if that dont improve thing's. I even tryed changeing myram latiency from the 3 to a 4 to loosen it up like we used to do when useing 333ram on a 266MB we would change it from 2 or 2.5 to 3 and that would make it run just fine. Back when the only question I had to answer was " Auto Detect Ram Setting's" answer "YES" and that was it for the ram mostly Well that blasted my ram setting's bio's and cmos I had to reset the whole thing took about 5 min. Pissed me off. O-Well BA

EDIT-2 This is where my ram setting's are only at 133/266/428 and running Ortho's right now ok so far

FSB Bus Frequency............................. - 300 using 322

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio....................... - x3

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio....................... - x10 useing 9Xmulty now to see of it is Orthos stable.

PCI eXpress Frequency......................... - 100Mhz

CPU VID StartUp Value......................... - StartUp

CPU VID Control............................... - 1.450

CPU VID Special Control....................... - Auto

LDT Voltage Control........................... - 1.20v

Chip Set Voltage Control...................... - 1.52v

DRAM Voltage Control.......................... - 2.68v I wonder of this mean's from 2.6 the reg voltage to to 2.8 we will try this. The 2.68 he put down, you cant even put that number in on my bio's.

DRAM Frequency Set............................ - 333/166 at 2.9 im trying now it's like 534mhz

Command Per Clock (CPC)....................... - Enable

CAS Latency Control (Tcl)..................... - 03

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd)..................... - 04

Min RAS# active time (Tras)................... - 08

Row precharge time (Trp)...................... - 04

Row Cycle time (Trc).......................... - 07 Bus Clocks

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc)................... - 14 Bus Clocks

Row to Row delay (Trrd)....................... - 02 Bus Clocks

Write recovery time (Twr)..................... - 02 Bus Clocks

Write to Read delay (Twtr).................... - 02 Bus Clocks

Read to Write delay (Trwt).................... - 03 Bus Clocks

Refresh Period (Tref)......................... - 3684 Cycles

Write CAS Latency (Twcl)...................... - 1

DRAM Bank Interleave.......................... - Enabled

DQS Skew Control.............................. - Auto

DQS Skew Value................................ - 0

DRAM Drive Strength........................... - Level 07

DRAM Data Drive Strength...................... - Level 3(Reduce 15%)

Max Async Latency............................. - 08.0 Nano Seconds

DRAM Response Time............................ - Normal

Read Preamble Time............................ - 05.5 Nano Seconds

IdleCycle Limit............................... - 256 Cycles

Dynamic Counter............................... - Disable

R/W Queue Bypass.............................. - 16 x

Bypass Max.................................... - 04 x

32 Byte Granularity........................... - Disable(4 Bursts)

The CPU is set at 9X322 at 2898Mhz or 2-2.9 effective

EDIT_4 Ok after the danged thing errord out at 1hr30min I went back and bumped up the ram to 2.8 from 2.7 and the cpu clock from 1.45 at 104% to 1.50 at 104% and were back to 322fsb X9multy and that give's us a

2898 or 2mhz-2.9 cloase enough to 2.9 for me anyway and we just passed the 1hr30 min without crashing so mabey were on to something with the ram volt's setting. im not liking the load temp at 56/58C if I push it any farther im going to need a better cooling devise. So if anybody has any suggestion's Ide love to hear them.

Suggestion's that will get me up to 3GiG anyway. BA

Well guy's I got it to run at 2.9 with no error';s for about 2.5hr's at 322fsb with a 1.45 at 104% on the vcore and 2.8 volt's on the video and I think it would have ran ok there but it was doing almost 60C at load with Ortho's after a hour or so. I then tryed to hit 3Gig 2 dif way's doing the 933 at the same volt settings and I got the BSOD on that attemp. Then I tryed the 300X10multy and the Ortho's errored out the first second. SO after all evening I ve decided that 2.9 will run but hot so I went back to 2.8 and reduced the vcore setting;s to 1.45 at 104% and ram to 2.7 again and Im going to call it a night. BadArthur

Guest LookBackX2

As I looked over your ram timings a few suggestions came to mind. These may work for you, then again they may not. Here goes.

Up the LDT voltage to 1.3

Try a tref of 3120.

DDDS<---Reduce 50%

MAL try 9

RP try 6.5 to 7.5

MAL and RP both usually need to be raised to agree with high fsb clocks.

and last, but not least.

try using an Idlecycle Limit of 16. this may cause your ram to heat up a tad more, but point a fan in their direction and they should be fine.

Well guy's I got it to run at 2.9 with no error';s for about 2.5hr's at 322fsb with a 1.45 at 104% on the vcore and 2.8 volt's

If your not going to run Ortho's for 8 hours your wasting your time.

SNM (S&M) will give you a better answer on weather or not its your ram timings or CPU crapping out

I've never been able to hit 3G's below 1.5 volts.

that was a nice chip. its always taken me 1.58 or way more to hit 3 gig stable. maybe cause Ive only used Air cooling