Sign in to follow this  
Thasp

Good PSU.

if it can't run a 3.5-3.7 GHz quad, 5 HDs, and a ton of PCI cards with a ton of fans, I don't want it.

I don't care about quiet.

I don't want a PSU that's been jumpstarted with a paperclip since it'll mess up the teeth in the 24 pin connector to the board.

Show me something nice and I'll send some paypal. :)

Looking for $100 give or take $50

I'm going to have an OCZ 700 watt GameXstream coming up as soon as the Thermaltake Toughpower 1000 I won from the contest at Extreme Outervision comes in. Multi-rail, 2xPCI-e 6 pins, 2xMolex(3 plug) with floppy, 2x SATA(3 plug), 20+4 pin main, 4+4 pin EPS/P4, Active PFC, 80%+ efficient, runs at about 17-20 db of noise. Been a great unit for me, I ran my DFI SLI-DR Expert with a 3G FX-60 on it, and am running my sig rig with it now, never a hitch. Unless you want to run 8800 GTX SLI(not enough 6-pin plugs), this supply will do almost anything. PM me if you're interested.

http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=3094

I could buy it new for less.

It happens with CPUs, too. I see opteron 165s going for $180 as if they're gold because someone managed to get 3 GHz 1M superpi on an architecture that's now worth less than $120, new. But at least in this case I'm paying for some schmuck's overclock.. what makes that PSU better than the new one I can get for less from at least 5 other online retailers?

Why ? :(

http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=3094

I could buy it new for less.

It happens with CPUs, too. I see opteron 165s going for $180 as if they're gold because someone managed to get 3 GHz 1M superpi on an architecture that's now worth less than $120, new. But at least in this case I'm paying for some schmuck's overclock.. what makes that PSU better than the new one I can get for less from at least 5 other online retailers?

Why ? :(

I wasnt tryin' to overprice, I just didnt look to hard :P I will sell it to you for $70 shipped :)

No. I decided to go ahead and use a thermaltake 500w piece of junk. It's quiet.

I'm using it with an abit motherboard which, like all abit products, is a piece of ., so I don't care if it's getting convulted power.

Sorry about ignoring the PMs. I've been stupidly busy lately.

I should update my sig too. Got the G0 to do 3.92 GHz a few weeks ago, with over 9 hours of prime. This is one sick fvcking machine. :D

Sign in to follow this