Sign in to follow this  
ebdoradz

Nf2 Guru i need your help (Skinnie, kitfit1, clay and all others)

im posting this from the nf2 rig

yay its working with the mobile and the TCCD

1 little proble still remain ... i apply cpu volt and multi then i save and exit, i then went into bios to set the fsb to 200 to get it boot @ 200*10 1.45V

i apply 200 fsb save and exit but when i go back in bios its still 100fsb and the jumper is on.

bios say 100 fsb and cpu-z say 136 sometime 133 ... i think theres something wrong with that

i'm u sing the bios chip Tmod send me, the hotflashed chip refuse to and it hang on LED #4 on so i think this chip is not good anymore otherwise i try to hotflash it another time

any idea for the "stuck" fsb 100?

another thing is that after the IRQ talbe it show "unknow flash type" then it do the Cmos backup any idea why it show that unknow type??? both bios chip are SST brand and have a same number on them

EDIT;

i have boot from TMOD chiop and then hotflash my orignal chip. after the IRQ table it now displaying verifing DMI then the backup cmos is done ... so 1 problem fix

also the fsb error must also be relate to that Unknow flash type ... since its now working properly

The 100FSB should be because of the jumper set to 100FSB. That was a trick to get it to boot, but now that it's booting you should be able to set it back the other way and it should work OK.

the jumper was on and i set 166fsb but on reboot it was laways at 100. to fix it i have hotflash the ortiginalk bios chip in the bf2 rig and now its working like be4

the jumper was on and i set 166fsb but on reboot it was laways at 100. to fix it i have hotflash the ortiginalk bios chip in the bf2 rig and now its working like be4

If you had done a cmos clear i think it would have gone back to normal anyway. It used to happen to me regularly when using the 100 jumper. Booting, shutdown and then a cmos clear, got it back to normal again.

anyway its now working fine

i will have to get back to OC this thing but im alot busy right now with school and work. at least i got it to boot so its a start

I'm sorry I jus' found this thread. And I must apoligize another of my long absences.. Looks like ya' fixed er'. I hosed up my lp-b's bios really bad a coupla' daze back. (I think I shut down too soon after a flash)2leds of death. Tried the bios in the infini-ho. To hotflash from. No dice! (Random flashing leds wouldn't stop,wouldn't boot LOL)Tried all the conventional stuff. (pc2100,ect) nuthin' doin'.... Finally I pulled the chip. And ran it without a bios chip with the battery out and the jumper in the clear position. put the hosed up lp-b bios back in and ran it in the clear position with the battery out. then I put the infinity bois in and did the same thing. Then I set everything to run battery back in infinity bios chip in the lp-b. And it's alive!!!!! LOL Hotflashed the lp-b chip And it's all good again. I'm not sure what all of that bit worked that broke it loose. And wouldn't recomend anyone else try that unless a very last resort. But it seems like worked for me. Also I tried moving the mems to diffrent slots while I was doing all of that. Not sure exactly what fixed it but I'm typing this post on iit now. So.... Just sumptin' else to try when all else fails..

Wow... it's been a long time since I don't come here to visit you guys.. anyway..

I've been through hard times tweaking my nf2 with tccd mem... the best results came from this tictac 6/19xt bios you are using...

Let'me find the timings....

Found it!

Mem - 2.5-2-2-2-8-9-12-2T

Alpha - 0-3-5-3-2-0-4

Strenghts/Slews - 5-11-1-10-5-11 (RAM sticks on outer slots, DIMM1 and DIMM3)

Oh! Forgot to add that was for runing 2x512MB Corsair XMS TCCD v1.2, with 252MHz FSB

Good luck!