Sign in to follow this  
Octopuss

GA P35-DS4, new bios=problems (+few questions)

Anyone tried the F6 bios yet? It seems to only cause me problems. I simply cannot raise FSB. With F4 I could boot to Windows with all default voltages at 8x400. If I try with this one, everything works with the small detail that monitor stops working. I simply cannot make it to display anything. I have to reset the cmos.

Questions: How do the auto voltage settings when FSB is manually set work? I tried it once and it put like 1.440V in the CPU, which seems a bit nonsense to me.

Then: is it better to raise FSB overvoltage or the NorthBridge one?

Partial answer or tip for others: apparently some major changes were done so that PCI-E frequency must be locked from now on... Still tests to do. Opinions highly appreciated!

First thing to do is a long CMOS clear. Unplug the power supply, pop the battery out, switch the bios jumper position, and hit the power button. Pop a beer and wait an hour. Put it all back in place and try again. A lot of the time, a bios flash will retain the old settings in a hex table, and if the hex format of the new bios is even slightly different, this will cause legacy issues.

I got more problems now. Prime95 is totally unstable. 420FSB crashes the middle test in seconds. 7x420 that is. And I already am putting +0.1V to both NB and the FSB overvoltage. A little bit in CPU. Just what's going on?

Also, EIST disappeared from bios after one reset. Did I buy bad MB or the CPU sucks?