Sign in to follow this  
Repr

MoH Airborne

Just played the firs mission through on the demo and I got to say it is all the same as the other ones but it is still fun to play! :)

So far (I've only been playing it for 30 minutes) This game has several cool things about it (in the first level and 1/4).

1: It obviously has full HDR, gorgeous graphics and it's quad core enabled from what I can tell (It utilizes part of all four cores).

2: It actually has WIDESCREEN CAPABILITY! It's a miracle!

3: Gameplay is a lot less "oh god what's shooting at me" and a lot more "that shot came from that direction, KILL IT".

I haven't even gotten past the very first objective in the actual first mission, but it's already enjoyable... and extremely graphically intense. My SLI is keeping me in the 70-150FPS range in most of the game play thus far.

It's very neat that you can drop in to a different area and change the gameplay completely as far as how hard you have to try to win.

Other comments and questions are welcome :-D

I looked on the first page and didn't see a thread for it ;) I liked my name better LOL

this thread was 2 threads below the one you just made that I merged

My only complaint about this game is......it's very short. I thought r6v was short but this tops it. Mp isn't good at all....yet! Only redeeming value is there is an infinite way to complete missions kinda like hitman in a way. There also seems to be some logic issues with some of the soldiers later in the game. Kinda hard to explain but they all get like super alert and run around like chickens with there heads cut off. Hehe makes it fun though all i can say is wait to the last mission holy frigging CRAP!!!!!!

I think the scary thing is the fact that it's 7.7GBs, and only seems to have 5 levels. Course, with how graphically intense it is, and how big the maps are, I'm not too surprised it's huge but short. It'll get a decent review from me either way, because it's already very enjoyable.

Just started playing it

Have to agree with Angry that compared with COD, COD OU COD2 COD 3 and COD with Chips (My fav) it is not as good

Saying that I do like it and find it different to play, slightly harder to aim and such...

Saying that my 7600OC GT is struggling to keep up with some on the action:mad:

So a couple of things;

Is there a quick save function, as I cannot find one?

Anyone else playing it and how are you finding it?

Finally I bought MOH Airborne as an in between game, as I am waiting for

COD 17 (4 reallly) and Crysis, though if my Graphics card is struggling now I think crysis will kill it!

Doc

My very first pc game was MOH: Allied Assault. That game was the coolest thing I had ever seen up to that point in time and got me hooked on pc gaming. I attribute this game to to turning me into the hardware junkie / pc enthusiast that I am today! I built my first machine because of MOH:AA. Overclocking came naturally as a way to get a low end system, all I could afford, to run a more expensive higher end machine.

I was surprised to see the few that were pretty hard on the demo. I agree with Charmed about the demo. I have no idea how the full game would be, but the demo graphically was very nice.

The explosions were disappointing and not very good, but the overall gameplay wasn't that bad. I played the game on all levels, liking Expert the best. On all levels, your squad AI would lay down suppressing fire to allow you to out flank the enemy positions. Once you begin to hold and take a position, you start to get reinforced by parachuting soldiers. The game is fairly fast paced, but not as run n gun as MOH:AA. It's also not so much you against the entire Wermacht. You do need you squad mates. However, CQB is fun and personnel. The AI goes to rifle butting very quickly. Firefights could get to be extended. But as you squad mates come up, the enemy falls back and tries to counter. Repelling the counter attacks can be fun.

Is this a tactical shooter? NO. It's was a fun arcadish shooter that was not that heavily run n gun, a bit more tactical that the other games in the series and graphically, pretty good.

The game is still linear. The scripting is a bit better. Yes, you can parachute around the map, but you still have to follow a prescribed path to get to the objectives. If you don't, you get stuck in a continual enemy re-spawn mode where the enemy just keeps coming at you until you die.

Still, if you could get the game for <$20, it ought to keep you entertained. If EA releases the SDK, you might see a mod community spring up around the game similar to MOH:AA. But with competition from the COD MP community, I highly doubt it. Plus EA is not big on releasing such tools.

It wasn't that bad. I would look for this game in the sale bins around Xmas time. When the price drops <$20, it's a good deal. By Xmas there ought to be quite a few games out that will out shine this one.