PWM Temps?

38 degrees at 1.6V with a dual core processor? If that is load, and measured with a reliable program such as Core Temp, then you are doing unbelievably well in the temp department. Any talk of pelt would be, in my opinion, a complete waste. If the temps you are reporting are actually the load, then temps are not your issue.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guess i was wrong. i always forget to check core temps...

about a 10*C difference. :tooth:

right now at 2.7 / stock volts i am pulling ~38 on low usage. i'll run some stress and edit this...

watts is at ~75

using wPrime i got ~50*c both cores doing 32m. this core isn't bare, it still has the ihs, but i'm betting it'd help a bit? think im ight not have the stomach to do that.. So now we talk pelt or no..?

I was very nervous about removing my IHS. Once I started, I found that if you take it slow and cautious, it's not that bad. Search the met for pictures of your CPU with the IHS removed to see if there are any components close to the IHS, and, if there are, be especially careful. I used a Shick Injector refill. If you bend the guide up out of the way, and only push the blade out a little, it gives you a nice tool with some control over how far under the IHS the blade is cutting. The last act of faith is deciding that the IHS seal itself is complpetely severed, and the resistance is only the thermal paste between the IHS and the core, and giving it the last push it needs. I have read about newer Intel and possibly AMD CPUs with the IHS soldered onto the core. I do not remember reading anywhere that ant 939 CPUs have this problem. I did slice my thumb slightly 3 times! Well worth it for the temp drop, about 7-8 degrees in my case.

yeah i figured as much. would that cause moisture problems though with below ambient cooling such as pelts/phase? I doubt it since the old k7 stuff had those exposed and people used it on them, but im just a worry-wort.

i can still find this cpu for 100$ but that is pricey when your broke :)..

would that cause moisture problems though with below ambient cooling such as pelts/phase?

No problem at all. Been running mine naked under phase for ages. The cpu has to be surrounded by Armourflex anyway, to stop condensation. Pelts and phase are out of the question though unless you have a CCBWE stepping cpu. All the other steppings are cold bugged.

dont the cold bugs generally start under 20C anyway?

well i migth waste some money on a pelt, for the future anyways. next step is quad-core from intel or amd..

--------------------------

2.8 ghz stable @ ~1.36-1.4v , both cores : idle ~38 temp, max ~50

ran it up to 2.9 but it didnt like starting up, but it did stably, and the cores differed by 3-6 degrees , 2nd core hotter, maybe a bad seat? either that or affinity...?

had to give her under 1.5v

k got it 3d stable at 2.905 with ihs still on it. took about 1.5v; cpu says 1.504

prime 55*C average, up to 60 but only for a moment and back to 55-58. 1 error on first 1024 prime test, 0 on second run. but my computer wasnt happy afterwards

so i should go off with 'er head, so to speak? Meh i'll be nervous. least i can get a 3800 replacement for reasonable. but i've done my research, i just have to man up

dont the cold bugs generally start under 20C anyway?

A cold bug can take a few different forms. It can be purely temp related, but more often than not it is purely HTT related. I have seen it take on a form where you can run in windows at a certain speed, but you cannot get into safe mode at the same speed.

• 2 weeks later...