More Vista problems...

Angry_Games

Having a pretty good read today thanks to a link in another thread heh.

I'll share them with you (note: I really hate Vista so if you are a Vista lover, you won't want to read my 'propaganda'!)

Vista Kernel dogged by bad drivers

The Trouble With Vista (12 of 'em)

Legit Vista users locked out of features by WGA

Windows Vista Capable Lawsuit Continues - Round 1 lost by Microsoft

Lawsuit Labels Windows Genuine Advantage as Spyware

'Blue Pill' prototype creates 100% undetectable malware in Windows Vista

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, (kicks foot in dirt and avoids A_G's eyes.)

After a year of testing Betas and owning the real deal, I said to hale with Vista x86 last night and removed it from by main PC.

I had removed Vista x64 previously (that's the one I really had hopes for).

I loved the Aero, ability to resize partitions and some of the other goodies, but I just can no longer justify an OS that is less responsive than XP.

I may reload it next time I build a OC if Microshaft ever gets it together but I'm not in a rush (at all).

Should of pizzed the money away on whokers and weed instead. Oh well, live and learn, still got an OCDB entry with it. :)

I'll always be testing it (especially with Service Pack releases) but I can say right now with some good, wise foresight that Vista will never become my mainstream OS because of the lies and nonsense Microsoft has relied on to force users into moving to a product that is in all ways inferior to a previous product, as well as confusing for the average computer user (and we all know how confused the AVERAGE computer user is)

Yep, bought an EVEREX XT5000T NoteBook ... a long story ... and it had Vista. I did notice that the performance, speed of interface and such was not as bad as I had anticipated. I felt totally lost for the first half hour. Why does Microshaft have to move everything around.

I could actually tweak the interface to almost the snappiness of XP, I even sort of liked it but then I had to ask myself ... WHY? So after running into some quirks I too said Auf Wiedersehen! until at least SP1 or longer. XP is very solid, forgiving and hard to break. Just right for me.

I have not had a real problem with vista x86 except for running 4gig's of memory. All vista see's is 2813MB. I even tryed running 3gig's "3x1024" and vista still shows 2813MB. I am happy that I never activated my copy as I can go back to xp and still have a os for a new build weather its for me or some one else. But hey it looks pretty.

After a good thorough test drive of Vista I uninstalled it for the simple fact that it doesn't do anything that XP can't do at the moment and it doesn't do it nearly as well. I was the same way with Windows 2000 though. It took a long while before I made the move to XP.

SP1 is coming ......

I was the same as CPDMF and went kicking and screaming into XP from 2000. XP did make setting up networking brainless and booted faster than 2000. I remember going back to set up a network on 2000 and thinking how do I do this crap???

I however saw no redeeming quality but visuals to Vista. There is security right out of the box that may help the average person. (which I turned off immediately, of course):):):)

It looks more and more like MS got into too deep water. I actually don't understand why they should put themselves in this position. Are some in the top of MS actually that paranoid and afraid of competition so they had to force Vista into production? MS would still, and will, for quite some time dominate the PC market, so why try to do more in once than they're capable of?

On the other hand I don't mind... except if the engine of that huge giant would backfire and go berserk! Yesterday MS did commit what everyone else but MS would label as bribe. It was Sweden's turn to decide whether Office Open XML would become a standard format. Hours before the vote it was already clear that the committee would turn down OOXML, but suddenly 23 new members showed up, all partners of MS, and voted in favor of OOXML. The representative of IBM and some others left in protest. An e-mail leaked in which MS directly asked these 23 companies to become members of the board and vote, and if they didn't know what arguments to give MS would prepare them. For the favor they were promised "market fonding", what that now might mean. Unfortunately I expect more if this until the more moderate and clear-thinking powers of MS get more influence.

Microsoft's "innovation" that they touted so much in the 90's (when the DoJ as well as the EU were relentlessly pursuing them with lawsuits) wasn't innovation so much as "stolen" or "acquired" technology...mostly from their purchasing power (they buy a company making a good or competing product, integrate the tech into windows products, then disband the company/brand name they sucked it all from).

They WERE innovative with XP. Look now...5 years later, it's a pretty goddamned good OS.

I'm not sure what their motives were either Kim...they have absolutely ZERO competition on home users and the overwhelming majority of business workstations (the ones cubicle drones sit at) are all Windows NT/2000 anyway, with most finally moving to XP (4 years after it came out so that companies finally could be sure it was stable).

They definitely are NOT afraid of Linux as a desktop competitor (anyone who is has smoked waaay too much bleach). Apple...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

heh

good one

hahaha

Apple

ahahahahahaha

whew

*giggle*

ahahaha apple!!!

*ahem* anyway

they have no real competition. Hell, they've even actually made some movement into the high-end server market (not the actual webservers, smart admins know Linux can't be beat except maybe by Unix but who the $#@$ uses Unix anymore but the military and NASA???), like the kind of servers you will find controlling domains in corporations (though the main servers that actually do all of the db work etc are usually still Linux boxes, but the Windows servers in front of them can't be beat for domain controlling/grpolicy stuff)

Seriously...what was MS thinking? Are they bleeding so much money from their Xbox venture that they had to somehow scheme up some fast cash? I doubt it. The Xbox division can lose something like 2 billion a year for 10 years before it would even harm MS more than an annoying bite on the ankle.

So wtf? Office, their pride and joy, is what makes most of their money.

I think it's pure greed.

Hey, boys, it's been 5 years or so...XP is just not selling millions of copies more per year like it used to (even though it sells millions upon millions of copies a year in reality since all the OEM machines from Dell, etc have it pre-installed, and though MS doesn't make as much per OEM copy, that's a moot point with the fact that 3+ years after the OS is out, the Windows team is not 1/10 the size of the initial team because resources now only have to be spent on maintaining it and fixing security and other issues, not designing it from scratch and going through the 2 year beta test).

I just don't get it.

It feels exactly like a game that you've been waiting for and when it gets shoved out the door so some assbag company can make a quarterly financial statement look positive...

a game that makes you want to drive to the dev's office and just pour gasoline on them all and light them on fire.

And we've all wanted to do that to Gates & Co for....about a decade (unless you are named Wozniak which means you have been BURNING inside to kill some mofos at MS for about 30 years hahahaa....SUCK IT STEVE YA LOSER!)

me i like vista alot been useing it for about 5 to 6months with not one problem:)

and on my machine its faster than xp and all my games run better.

ony system it seems not to like much was my laptop dell 9300 xps 7800gtx was having trouble with the nvidia card that was keep going in 2d mode even on ac powe also didint like it took up 10gbs because on the laptop i ony have 80gbs lol.

but even on that it was better with games like overlord it was pretty smooth at 1920x1200 maxxed settings but now with xp its pretty laggy.

and also xp sound drivers are crap for my laptop like 2nd sight its a game and that game has all kind of sound problems on my laptop with xp but in vista it was normal:)

also another game that has sound problems is juiced in xp in vista its normal:)

but to me seems like vista or nvidia drives isint ready for vista.

but so far ati seems ready well to me:).

also i allways have my pc runing 24/7 also steaming music and vista been stable as a rock with no problems at all even useing itunes which i herd was having trouble in vista which i dont see how because i been useing it with no problems sense vista came out:)

but its allways good to run with 2gb i whouldint recomend vista under that.