Sign in to follow this  
Voltes-5

Lunar Eclipse

Hey guys, anyone experienced a lunar eclipse before? I mean just watching it for the duration? There's a party for a viewing at our local museum.

http://starbulletin.com/2007/08/26/news/story06.html

ya ya I've watched a couple of them in their entirety.

Gonna grab the DV cam and see if I can see what I see haha

if you live out west, you REALLY need to go outside and see it.

I have a very good view right outside my bedroom, its got a balcony. Sad thing is that I don't have a vid cam anymore. All I have is an old cannon A510 digi cam:( We suppose to have the best view here in Hawaii, the weather is clear.

I have been gaming so much again that I lost touch of the outside world. My wife only mentioned it to me an hour ago, if I had known I may have gone to the museum for the viewing party, costs only $3. Well, I hope my cheap digi cam is enough for some pix.

I didn't know about it until my friend told me earlier today. I'm going to go outside right now and take a peek at it, it was starting to change color at 8:30 PM or so.

Edit: I guess the color change was from the Sacramento smog :P. It's really bright outside though, I could easily see the houses down the street and I could probably walk down to the lake with no flashlight. I'm heading to bed so I'll miss it, although I did see one before in 1996 or 1997.

It began here at 4:51 A:M (EST).

I start work at 5 A:M but am pretty much alone till 7, so I snuck my camera gear into work and set up on the roof of the building hoping to get a set of multiple exposures (just bought a new super telephoto lens :D).

Sat there for about an hour as it progressed, and just as the moon was fully eclipsed...the clouds moved in.

Didn't really matter though, as I later discovered my camera was set to "normal jpeg" (as opposed to Large/Fine+RAW which I normally use) so even the ones I did get, turned out to be only mediocre.

If I'd have gotten up that early on my own time I'd have been pissed.

By the way, yes I did get all my work done that day ;).

Seen a lunar eclipse last year. A guy at work brought his camera in. Here's some very amatuer pictures I got. Wish I would of had a tripod, could have helped the blurs.

lunareclipse1kl8.th.jpg lunareclipse4ud1.th.jpg