DFI Where to connect sound of 2nd optical drive?

Guest scott_merged

DFI nForce4 Ultra-D

Where do I connect the sound cable for a 2nd optical drive (an old CD player which is jumpered & cabled as slave)? How does my son get the sound out of the 2nd drive?

The little round sound cable for the DVD burner (which is jumpered & cabled as master on same IDE cable) hooks onto the Karajan audio module at the back of the mobo.

But the Karajan audio module only has 1 receptacle.

Right now he hooks his headphones into the jack on the CD-ROM drive's faceplate, but can't play it through his speakers.

Thank you.

Since there is only one sound in and 2 cd-rom drives. You can either just use that cd drive that is hooked up to the sound module to listen to music or get this cable like on the link below. For me, I just have the sound cable connected to the dvd-rom and use my dvd-rw to burn only...not listen to music. You may be able to pic up one of these cables if you have a Frys electronics near by.

http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchd...ductID=4733&ta=

uneedav8

Thank you.

I've never seen anything like that before.

It looks like the perfect solution. I'll buy one!

Thanks again.

radodrill & Praz:

Well the latest driver & latest firmware for the CD-ROM drive are installed but sound is not happening over the IDE ribbon cable connection.

I appreciate your responses.

just check to see if you have "enable Digital CD audio" ticked in the device manager properties page for the drive.

If this is an older drive it might not support it, but then if the other drive does you can use the analog audio lead to the Karajan for the old drive and the digital audio path for the new drive.