Sign in to follow this  
darkan9el

Help!! I Need a CD

Hi all, the poltergeists have been busy in my house, they have taken my DFI nF4 SLI DR install CD :sad:. I've looked everywhere for it... I'm totally baffled :confused: as to where its gone.

Does anyone have an old CD they don't use or can make a ISO of the CD for me? Please! please! please!

Does anyone live local to me, that has a DFI nF4 SLI DR?

yes they are, @ DFI.com.tw but not the full compliment, and in most instances they are updates not full drivers. I have also found the drivers from the CD's tend to work better.

sorry, but i just visited the DFI.TW site and found every driver needed to run the board properly after an OS install.

methinks you didn't look in the right place. it may take a few minutes to download and burn, or, if you get lucky, someone will burn you a CD and save you....

laterzzz...

I never had issues with the online drivers; but I do go directly to nVidia, Marvell, and Realtek for their drivers, since they're often newer than the ones available from DFI.

I'm gonna rip the house to pieces later lol! but in the meantime I'll pop over to the sites radodrill mentioned.

To infamy and beyond...

well I downloaded the drivers and in particular the audio drivers but the audio won't install. I have an exclamation mark next to Multimedia Audio Controller in Device Manager. The drivers installed and I rebooted but still a no go, also tried the right click and update drivers and it wouldn't update. I want to reformat but need a CD for the drivers before I do. I'll just have to buy one from DFI if they will sell me one.

To be honest I can't ever remember the audio being Realtek! As I remember the audio is Karajan so wouldn't that be part of Nvidia?

Anyway thanks for the help guys

Realtek has 2 versions of their drivers; one for the HD enabled chips, and the other for the non-HD.

Hello,

Download the nvidia chipset drivers and that will also install the sound drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_win2k_6.86.html

Marvell LAN driver can be found here.

http://www.marvell.com/drivers/driverDispl...o?dId=175&pId=3

Last thing would be ITE smartguardian.

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Driver/ITE_SG_050123.zip

Reelfiles: Thank you for posting your CD image but and its good news peoples...

My PC room is in tatters but I'm a happy chappy because I've found my CD... It was in the paper shredder lol! It had fallen into the opening on the front, I'm a sod for stacking paperwork on top of things and in this case it was the shredder. Phew! I installed the drivers etc but It still didn't solve my problem so tonight I shall become 'THE FORMATTER' lol! If in doubt destroy data haha!

A heart felt thanks to all the suggestions and kind offers, you have been more than generous with your advice and time, it is much appreciated.

I'll download the online drivers too, and make a backup ISO of my CD. and maybe make an updated CD with the online drivers and back that up too lol!

regards Lee