Soyo Kt600

I bought the soyo kt-600 ultra platinum and i am trying to load xp on a sata drive. If it is preloaded all is good but if not i can't do a fresh install to this drive. I get uknown harddrive type for the sata device.

any advice?

[email protected]

First off, burn that mobo...soyo sucks. See the thread in this section called "problems with soyo [some number]."

Anyway, how are you trying to install windows? If you're booting off the winxp cd, then you have to download the drivers for the sata controller and put them to a floppy disk, and then hit f8 (or whatever button it says) when it asks if you need a third-party raid or scsi controller.

I thought this was a hekp forum not a bias bunch of idiotic crap heads. I have had good luck with soyo for over 8 years and your so called Asus boards have given me the worst luck, support, service, and overall performance. If this truelly is a help forum then keep your dumb . remarks and opinions to your selfs and offer the help you say you are here to do.

Thanks Pissed of Pc User

you asked our thoughts on your problem. I'd say it's right on par for every other SOYO board I've setup/owned... so I'd have to say the "burn that board" suggestion is right on.

Just cuz it's not what you want to hear... fine, go cry in a corner and don't listen to the suggestions given.

aerof, this is not a bias'd forum at all (cept for a few unmentioned names).

Eva was not in the position to make a comment like that. We are all helpful, and myself I don't diss a product due to personal opinion, only trial and error. Everyone has their bad day with a manufacturer, mine was MSI. Soyo's are good boards for their benchmark rating and ability to offer extra gaming FPS when needed. Myself, I am an Asus fan. I have had 5 boards from them and not a complaint (P/I-P55TP4N, P2L97, P3B-F, TUV4X, A7N8X-DX) . I just didn't go with Soyo as they are too overpriced and the OC capability is not as good. However, you made a good decision to use a gaming board with good looks.

To the matter with the S-ATA problem: 1: Your controller could be on the fritz or 2: Incorrect drivers. This was a known problem for some manufacturers where the S-ATA drivers placed on the CD did not work with the controller. This may be the case if the controller is made by Promise. I would check to make sure that all drivers are proper for the controller before installing clean.

Eva was not in the position to make a comment like that.

Huh? We're all entitled to our opinions. Heck, you made sure to state yours about me. I wasn't simply making some smart . post just so I could get more stars (like some people I've seen. But I'll actually keep the unmentioned names unmentioned). I offered all the help I knew...try reading the second part of my post.

I thought this was a hekp forum not a bias bunch of idiotic crap heads. I have had good luck with soyo for over 8 years and your so called Asus boards have given me the worst luck, support, service, and overall performance. If this truelly is a help forum then keep your dumb . remarks and opinions to your selfs and offer the help you say you are here to do.

watch it! ... this is a forum for open minds, dont go offing someone because of what they like or dont like.

impartial...

(see DFI for a better board)

... :D