Sign in to follow this  
killagorilla187

First Person Shooter Syndrome

or certain people are just retarded and can't separate reality from fantasy (or wherever their psyche has run away to)

ps I'm going to change my name to Angwii_Games! (got one for my birthday!)

Travis, the Wii is awesome man, I got one hear and it's been a revelation to me, as long as you get the right games that is..

Sports with a few friends round is ace..

regards

Raja

funny read, but that article is BS. now i admit, right after playing a game like doomIII or watching a very scary movie at night, i do get jumpy, but only because my adrenaline is pumping IMHO. heck, i feel the same way after getting off a roller coaster or a ferris wheel, im not to fond of heights :(. but it having a long lasting impact on post adolescent individuals is crap. now if you expose a child to such things constantly while his mind is still developing, that is something that may be possible i guess. heck, im no psychiatrist, but blaming video games for murders is about as bogus as someone suing mcdonalds for having coffee thats too hot.

oops, looks like i turned a simple thread into a rant, allmost kept on going with that one :D. just ignore that :O.

Travis, the Wii is awesome man, I got one hear and it's been a revelation to me, as long as you get the right games that is..

Sports with a few friends round is ace..

regards

Raja

gimme some games to try other than Zelda (I'll play Zelda, don't worry, and probably every damn Zelda that I can buy on Virtual Console)

I skimmed down the article before reading it and saw Jack Thompson's name so I stopped. What a F***ing dumb*** POS. I'd say more about him but I'd probably be banned for my language lol

However, vocal anti-videogame activist and "lawyer" Jack Thompson disagrees. After reading the public report on FPSS, Thompson spoke out.

"FPSS proves that video games are responsible for all murders ever. In history."

When informed that First Person Shooters have only existed for the last 15-20 years, Thompson screamed that we were lying homosexuals, then sued us for criminal harrasment.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

LOL This looks like a spoof article to me guys. Tried looking for a April 1st date on there, but the article isn't dated.

I thought the quote at the top of the page was interesting: :P

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Blow” me."

-Angry Dude

Guest LookBackX2
"I remember I came home after going to a party or something, and I had locked my front door before leaving. I was so pissed when I tried the handle and found it locked. I thought ".! Now I have to go all over the xxxxing place looking for another entrance!" It didn't even occur to me that I could use my keys."

He has had similar trouble when trying to get over the waist high wall in the back yard when he or his roommate throws their frisbee too far. McEwen spends hours looking for ramps or short ladders before he realizes he can climb.

This has to be real. Who doesn't have these problems after "going a party or something?"