Cannot enable SLI

I have built and repaired several rigs and systems over the years and am a self taught geek. This problem however has me perplexed! I built a rig for my wife for gaming and have not been able to get SLI to work properly. Here are the specs and the problem description:

Case = Antec LANBOY

PSU = OCZ GameXStream 700w SLI

Mainboard = DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR

CPU = AMD Athlon 64 3700+

RAM = Corsair 2GB PC3200 DDR

HDD = Western Digital Caviar SE16 7200 RPM SATA

Video Cards = PNY Verto Geforce 6800GS PCI-e (x2)

Sound Card = Creative Audigy 2

M.. Viewsonic VX922 19" LCD

OS = Windows XP Home OEM

The whole system is cooled by the Asetek WaterChill system. I also have 2 120mm case fans. I originally had an Asus motherboard but it was DoA so I sent it back and got the DFI.

I have tried to rebuild the system 3 times as well as 2 fresh installs of Windows XP. I Have ensured all power connecters are attached. I have the pins on the mainboard set to SLI. I have the SLI bridge installed on the video cards. All drivers are the most current and I have tried using different revisions as well as different mods of video drivers to no avail. I have the BIOS on the motherboard and video cards flashed with the latest revisions. I have tried to switch the video cards around. I have tried using both VGA and DVI connecters.

I have never been able to get SLI enabled. I get the bubble that says this is an SLI capable system but when I attempt to enable SLI the screen goes black and I lose signal on the monitor. Eventually I have to restart the PC and go into safe mode to restore in order for it to work. I have gotten a BSOD on occasion with an nv4 display error code. I looked up this error and basically it can be anything having to do with the video system. I have tried fixes posted on different forums, but to no avail. I am extremely frustrated as this is the only persistent error I have encountered that I cannot correct. Any help would be appreciated!

Have you then tried switching the DVI cable to the other 3 ports after the screen goes black?

Also after a fresh install this is the ONLY thing installed? I mean if you go to add or remove programs is Nvidia the ONLY thing you see in th whole list?