coolit freezone Elite

catkicker

This is suppose to be information taken from a email sent by a coolit systems rep.

The Q6600 (2.4Ghz – 8MB) draws 105W of power. Our Eliminator is not deigned to handle that much heat but the Freezone is. However, if you really want to push the limit of that quad (which I understand to be a finicky overclocker) I would recommend our Freezone Elite (that is the second revision I was referring to earlier).

A couple of things to take into consideration: The Freezone mounts on either a 92mm or 120mm fan mount (with adapter). The Freezone Elite will only work with a 120mm fan mount. It is still a 6 TEC system but we have redesigned it to be more efficient. The Freezone is rated for 175W and the Freezone Elite is rated for 250W. Yes, that is a considerable improvement However, it does require slightly more power to run. Max power usage is 72W vs 56W.

You can buy a Freezone pretty much anywheres online at various prices. Since the Elite has not been announced yet (its kindof a secret) you can only get it through us. If you are interested in it and want it immediately, I can send you pricing info. Or, you can wait for it to be officially released.

Either way, please let me know how you plan to proceed."

Did they mention how much?

so much for being a secret lol

edit: found this. If it really is $500 I don't think it would be worth it. I could build something myself for cheaper than that. I bought mine because it was a reasonable price for a maintenance free setup. $500 isn't reasonable IMO.

Woah, woah, woah ok this is interesting to say the least. Catkicker +50 points to you my friend.

I was originally going to buy an Eliminator but in the end I didn't because I wasn't sure how far my CPU would go when I put together my C2D. My max is 3.2 so I guess the Eliminator would have been good for me but if I would of hit 3.6 and beyond I think it would have been a little too much for the Eliminator to handle. The Freezone was too expensive for the small performance increase over the Eliminator so I decided against it. Since buying the 120 Extreme I haven't found a reason to go to the Eliminator but this new Elite sounds good if it offers a significant increase in performance over the original and price isn't too bad.

So this e-mail wasn't sent to you, correct? Are you in contact with the person who originally received the e-mail? Maybe he/she could send them an email back and ask how much they would sell one for. Maybe get a guesstimate on the retail.

Did they mention how much?

so much for being a secret lol

edit: found this. If it really is $500 I don't think it would be worth it. I could build something myself for cheaper than that. I bought mine because it was a reasonable price for a maintenance free setup. $500 isn't reasonable IMO.

That cooler is their SLI/Crossfire cooler which they have talked about for awhile now and is not the same as the new Elite. The GPU TEC cooler is made to cover 400W whereas this new Elite is made to cover 250W so the numbers are wrong as well.

That cooler is their SLI/Crossfire cooler which they have talked about for awhile now and is not the same as the new Elite. The GPU TEC cooler is made to cover 400W whereas this new Elite is made to cover 250W so the numbers are wrong as well.

Look on the bottom of the page. They mention the Elite and that it might retail for $500.

Look on the bottom of the page. They mention the Elite and that it might retail for $500.

I love how it says "If you have a really sharp eye...". Ironic, haha. Damn though $500? Not very aggressive pricing at all. The price of the current Freezone and Eliminator will probably stay the same then I imagine. Too bad.

• 4 weeks later...

If anybody is currently useing one of these freezone product's on a Quad please let me know as Im looking at the midrange or the older high end/300 buck one I wouldent spend 500 buck's on one I dont care if it cured globall warming. But the 2 and 3 hundred buck one well Mabey. But before I do I want to find out what kind of result's you can get out of one on a Quad like mine. I was thinking about the Tec and air deal because they have the ability to give the same result's as a full watter set up. But i wouldent know, Ide like to though. BA

If anybody is currently useing one of these freezone product's on a Quad please let me know as Im looking at the midrange or the older high end/300 buck one I wouldent spend 500 buck's on one I dont care if it cured globall warming. But the 2 and 3 hundred buck one well Mabey. But before I do I want to find out what kind of result's you can get out of one on a Quad like mine. I was thinking about the Tec and air deal because they have the ability to give the same result's as a full watter set up. But i wouldent know, Ide like to though. BA

You can read through some of these post.

http://www.overclock.net/peltiers-tec/

I was thinking about one of the Vigor or Amanda Tec and Air job's they are anyware from 120 to about 170 and they produce cooling as good as a full watter set up. Im not sure what im doing right now mabey Im doing something wrong but this AC Freezer 7 Air heatsink in the 92mm size is letting me down as it's just a 92mm size of the 120mm heatpipe cooler's. And I herd such good thing's about it. It is getting me broke in but not much more. BA thank you