Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

XFX 7950GT 512MB, 256-bit SLI-ready PCI-E 16x @ $199!

the 1950xt is very close to the 7950

i no what u mean about the drivers, their hard to get used to. 2 of my friends bought those, and the drivers do underclock the cards

haha sorry Travis didn't mean to tread crap and take over i was just kicking myself in the butt for not buying that card instead of the one i got. as it was the one i wonted

well if we'd have seen this price/deal when you were asking, we'd have definitely led you here.

X1900's are super awesome and drivers are good. X1950XT's I hear are a nightmare with drivers, have to have special/specific drivers or something.

7900/7950's are like any 5, 6, or 7 series card...they are small driver footprints that do the job well (like Omega drivers for ATI cards, but official)

I used to be a religious ATI buyer, but took a chance this last build and got a couple 7900's... and I'm mega impressed, with the cards, but mostly the drivers. You're absolutely right, the drivers are like The Omega drivers, but official.

yeah the cards is $159 here same as i paid for this one. Ive been benching most the night for a OCDB entry. this X1950XT put out some amazing bench scores. and drivers well I'm using what came with the card 7.1 i think. went to the site forum and there talking theses are . there's some different ones out. But the tread is 2 months old. got to wait to be oked before posting there. all see then.what drivers are working. aqmark is killer lol 107325 :D

aquamark3yo0.th.jpg

no guy in my tread i ask what one should i get the xfx7950 or ati x1950xt and all i was told was get the 8800 but it was 100 bucks more and i didnt have it.

stuck on 500/500 under clocked and the drivers suck but that's ati for ya and there grate .net .

Anyways enough of my tread crapping to all that wont to know the xfx7950xt is the only way to go on a budget it what i was getting up to the last sec lol ati came out my mouth when paying

Download Riva Tuner. Under it's hardware monitoring you'll notice when you run a 3D application the core and memory run at the advertised clock speeds (625Mhz core, 1800Mhz memory). It seems the ATi cards have a power savign feature that underclocks the cards under 2D apps (do you NEED 625Mhz core and 1800Mhz memory for Word??).

And I love my X1950XT.

See I was doing real good by not coming into the Recommendations forum. Than I got weak and entertained the thought, "Weeell, if I diiid buy a new video card what would people be recommending?" And it just so happens this is the top topic. Sign? Coincidence? Maybe... Temptation? Definitely!

well if we'd have seen this price/deal when you were asking, we'd have definitely led you here.

X1900's are super awesome and drivers are good. X1950XT's I hear are a nightmare with drivers, have to have special/specific drivers or something.

7900/7950's are like any 5, 6, or 7 series card...they are small driver footprints that do the job well (like Omega drivers for ATI cards, but official)

My x1950XT is working great. had trouble with th eomega driver but the CAT driver and the ATI tray tool works great ...

still tweaking the driver, and ati tray tool to squeze a couple more MHZ from there.

My x1950XT is working great. had trouble with th eomega driver but the CAT driver and the ATI tray tool works great ...

still tweaking the driver, and ati tray tool to squeze a couple more MHZ from there.

what drivers did you end up with?

The X1950XT supposed to be the best single GPU on the market. before jumping on the 8800 bandwagon

the omega drivers are old school. As omega got hooked into WoW and has not done any new drivers since the 7.2s. Maybe AMD will pull ATI out of the hole. Now i got some testing data down and alittle idea on the card. Im going to go back to the 7.8s and do some testing

Download Riva Tuner. Under it's hardware monitoring you'll notice when you run a 3D application the core and memory run at the advertised clock speeds (625Mhz core, 1800Mhz memory). It seems the ATi cards have a power savign feature that underclocks the cards under 2D apps (do you NEED 625Mhz core and 1800Mhz memory for Word??).

And I love my X1950XT.

yeah i always use RivaTuner so far its good to 681/1034 with the stock CD drivers. witch are suppose to be crappy drivers. The talk around is that anything below 7.5 are .. But if you never used ATI guess you wouldn't know

Sign in to follow this