Sign in to follow this  
uneedav8

7900 issues in Vista

A friend of mine is having some serious graphical issues on his comp lately. There is loads of corruption and fuzz on the screen when he tries to play games.....sometimes even when on the desktop or boot up. Gaming seemed ok for my setup when I was running Vista and a 7900GTX. I am not running Vista anymore so I am not sure if its him comp or just drivers. Do you guys have any suggestions? He has already tried different drivers and has Vista updated. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. He lives pretty far away so I am not able to mess with it.

His setup:

X2 4800+

Asus A8N32 Deluxe.

2 gig Corsair

Evga 7900GT "reloaded"

Audigy 2 ZS

PC Power & Cooling 750

Guest SuppA-SnipA

try cleaning the pci express pins on the card, and blow out the pci express port with compressed air, worth a shot, is his pci e power cable in?

Well, if your friend is using the latest official unified drivers for nvidia, he might be in for some fun, two of my co-workers who have nvidia cards are experiencing the exact same problems since they updated to the latest 160.xx drivers

I'm using 158.xx and I don't have any problems with vista...

So have him try a previous stable driver version