DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI - DR - Chipset fan

roph

I have a couple year old nF4 SLI-DR MB - been a long time since I did anything to it, but the little fan on the motherboard is starting to make some noise, and I'm afraid it will die soon. Is there a recommended replacement?

I feel out of the loop - haven't done any work on this baby since I built it :)

Thanks!

Guest Modulok

You could get a passive heatsink too...

I just reviewed and installed a thermalright hr-05 sli/ifx heatsink on my sli-dr and it works great. My stock chipset fan would spin at 7000rpm and was very loud. This thing is silent (or you can install a 80mm fan if you don't have sli setup)

It should be for sale soon in the US. To help you decide, you can google the review to see it installed on the same board you have.

EverCool VC-RE is my recomendation also....

my chipset fan did go out completely and was making some noise for a WHILE before it went out....but i replaced it with the evercool and got great temps..just make sure whatever route you go, you look at both ways to mount it before you acutally mount. pain in the arese to take off once its there...i actually had to just use some finger nail clippers to get my old one off..

Thanks guys - ordered the Evercool. I thought the passive heatsink looked good, but couldn't find one for sale, and my fan's death seems very imminent.

Been a long time since I've done work on this box - I'm assuming I'll have to take the motherboard out - or is it easier than I think? From the post above, I don't think so! Any walkthrough's that you guys know of? I'm sure I'll figure it out, if not...

Thanks again!