Calling all x1900xt or x1950xt owners

red930

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I am having trouble installing and gettings to work this time too.. I have the X1950 PRO in as I bought this 32 samsung monitor (TV) I love the monitor for gaming just need to make it all work with Video card.. The BFG 7800 GTX didn't want to do what I wanted either.. I want SMALL or a small as I can get with good res. and I really dont like the 13??Xby 7?? it is just too big for me and WOW..

So try again I guess.. Uninstall everything again then I will try again to install it but I have been having uninstall and reinstall problems like it is just not getting it all uninstalled or something..

I remember that the 1950pro's didn't work with the Catalyst drivers found on ATI's website and you had to use the ones found on the CD that came with the card. This was before summer and it is quite possible ATI introduced compatibility with the Catalyst drivers online and the 1950pros. You might want to email ATI and just make sure. Until then try using the drivers that came with the card on the CD until you get a response from ATI or have searched the forums there and received an answer. Cheers.

im in the same boat Wil,

i receive my X1950XT and goimng from 6600Gt to that card is Amazing, i can run BF2 maxed out (in game settings) and im still always to 100fps acording to FRAPS

but im lost in that OMEGA drivers thing. in their forums they told to install the WDM driver from ATI/AMD website ...

ive start from the cd rom, install everything on the damn cd except CCC. then install the OMEGA driver over the ati one like a guy said on the drivenheaven forums

i know have no control panel (from omega driver) and no CCC

Anyone know the EXACT procedure to make those OMEGA drive work properly???

can someone help me. where to get the files and in which order to install them

thnx

Sig has changed. updated the poor 600GT in sig for a Sapphire X1950XT 256mb and replace the dead hiper by a corsair 620W

yeah I'm back to the drivers that came with the CD also. I haven't messed with the OMEGA drivers at all. I knew not to have anything to do with ATI but I liked this over the 7950. Wils a ---> Dum butt. but even with its stupid under clock it still blow my 7600GT and yeah on the BF2 maxed out gotta love that :D I should of went with the PRO 512 it was cheaper. but everything i read for a month showed the 256 XT smoking the pro. They just forgot to tell about them being under clocked. Didn't find that out till i was looking for workable drivers. But what the hey how can one complain about an upgrade :D

QUOTE=Angry_Games;748914]lol another plug-n-pray product ;)

I figured out why all the PCIE cards have two monitor ports

one to hook up your CRT so you can see everything before your LCD get to winblows :D

im in the same boat Wil,

i receive my X1950XT and goimng from 6600Gt to that card is Amazing, i can run BF2 maxed out (in game settings) and im still always to 100fps acording to FRAPS

but im lost in that OMEGA drivers thing. in their forums they told to install the WDM driver from ATI/AMD website ...

ive start from the cd rom, install everything on the damn cd except CCC. then install the OMEGA driver over the ati one like a guy said on the drivenheaven forums

i know have no control panel (from omega driver) and no CCC

Anyone know the EXACT procedure to make those OMEGA drive work properly???

can someone help me. where to get the files and in which order to install them

thnx

Sig has changed. updated the poor 600GT in sig for a Sapphire X1950XT 256mb and replace the dead hiper by a corsair 620W

The latest WDM drivers are needed if you have a AIW (All in Wonder) or VIVO card but for all other cards including yours the Omega drivers are preferrable.

1. Download and install Driver Cleaner Pro found here: http://www.overclock.net/attachments/downl...prosetup_15.zip

2. Uninstall absolutely EVERYTHING that you installed from the CD or internet up to this point for your card. This includes drivers, CCC, WDM etc. EVERYTHING.

3. Reboot in safe mode and run Driver Cleaner Pro. Make sure to select every appropriate ATI field in the list and add them to the remove list. This would include ATI which is the drivers, ATI CCC, Hydravision (if you installed it) etc. Only select the ones that you installed, add them to the list and then click on start.

4. Restart in regular mode and download and install the latest Omega drivers found here: http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php. The drivers, who were made by Ray Adams, include ATI Tray Tools which was also created by Ray Adams. When you install the drivers you have the option to install both the drivers and ATI Tray Tools. These are the only two things you will ever need to operate and overclock your video card.

The latest WDM drivers are needed if you have a AIW (All in Wonder) or VIVO card but for all other cards including yours the Omega drivers are preferrable.

1. Download and install Driver Cleaner Pro found here: http://www.overclock.net/attachments/downl...prosetup_15.zip

2. Uninstall absolutely EVERYTHING that you installed from the CD or internet up to this point for your card. This includes drivers, CCC, WDM etc. EVERYTHING.

3. Reboot in safe mode and run Driver Cleaner Pro. Make sure to select every appropriate ATI field in the list and add them to the remove list. This would include ATI which is the drivers, ATI CCC, Hydravision (if you installed it) etc. Only select the ones that you installed, add them to the list and then click on start.

4. Restart in regular mode and download and install the latest Omega drivers found here: http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php. The drivers, who were made by Ray Adams, include ATI Tray Tools which was also created by Ray Adams. When you install the drivers you have the option to install both the drivers and ATI Tray Tools. These are the only two things you will ever need to operate and overclock your video card.

Thnx YuKon

but that's exactly what i did, but after installing the OMEGA driver it still pop up the "new hardware detect" screen. and then if right click on the desktop and select properties, then i select teh video tab if show me SAMSUNG 940B on ______________________(read this has a blank field) and under card name, ramdac speed and every other field is empty or showing a "no device installed"

1 guy over driverheaven suggest that i install the WDM driver then install the omega driver over it. any suggestion or tip on that?

been a while i didnt mess with the ATI driver so im abit confused. i dont understand why i would need to install the WDm driver and then overwrite it with the OMEGA one

Thnx YuKon

but that's exactly what i did, but after installing the OMEGA driver it still pop up the "new hardware detect" screen. and then if right click on the desktop and select properties, then i select teh video tab if show me SAMSUNG 940B on ______________________(read this has a blank field) and under card name, ramdac speed and every other field is empty or showing a "no device installed"

1 guy over driverheaven suggest that i install the WDM driver then install the omega driver over it. any suggestion or tip on that?

been a while i didnt mess with the ATI driver so im abit confused. i dont understand why i would need to install the WDm driver and then overwrite it with the OMEGA one

Right click on "My Computer" on desktop and go down to properties. Click on the hardware tab and then go to "Device Manager". Expand "Display Adapters" and what driver does it say your using?

im using ATI technologies Inc, dated from 2006-12-16, version 8.33.0.0

but i have try what the guy at driverheaven forum'S , installed the driver from CD (cat 7.1) installed everything except the CCC. then i install the Omega driver (based on cat 7.1) like he suggest me.

right now if i right clik on the desktop and want to acces the advanced video card property i have nuthing excpet the monitor, hardware, and color tab

no advaced properties no CCC .....

• 3 weeks later...