problem with ??

Not sure where to post this.

Long story. Heres the short version. Having a problem with one of my computers.

Random restarts, troubleshooted all the way to the cause of it. Memory issue or motherboard, not sure which one.

I run 2 x 512 of PC4800 EL Dual CH Platinum Ltd. Edition 2.5-4-4-10

PN#OCZ6001024ELDCPE-K

When I use one stick of 512 it solves the problem both sticks of 512 have been mem tested 8 hours no errors. I can run either stick of 512 in the computer and theres no problems. As soon as I have both sticks (2x512) running in the computer the random restarts happen again.

What about the memory controller on the CPU, what happens when you lower the CPU clock?

Computer was set back to default/stock settings.

A memory controller could be the issue. It's a old 3500+ clawhammer and it's been through alot.

Maybe I could try some loser mem settings and see how that goes.

Check to see if both sticks memtest clean at the same time. I've seen this when a kit isn't well-matched. Both sticks test out fine on their own, but put em together and you'll get errors. Sometimes a physical change on one stick doesn't make it fail on it's own, but it no longer matches up to the other one well enough.

Run a full cycle of memtest while in dual-channel and tell us what happens.

Check to see if both sticks memtest clean at the same time. I've seen this when a kit isn't well-matched. Both sticks test out fine on their own, but put em together and you'll get errors. Sometimes a physical change on one stick doesn't make it fail on it's own, but it no longer matches up to the other one well enough.

Run a full cycle of memtest while in dual-channel and tell us what happens.

Good idea. Never really thought about running memtest on both of them LOL.

you're slipping catlicker, that should have been the third thing to do after running it on each stick separately, ;)

Like I said in that PM, sometimes memtest for Windows shows errors quicker for me than it's DOS counterpart. It just seems more realistic to me anyways since you use your PC in Windows not DOS.