Can't boot with new DFI 680i LT & E6750

Hello all,

It's been awhile since I've been around here, was hoping to put up some good results with my Opty 175 that I acquired a couple of months ago but due to a random thunderstorm I am now without a functional Expert board... In the meantime I've purchased a 680i LT and an E6750 (the 1333Mhz FSB chip) and am having a big headache getting it to POST. I tested the power supply just to make sure it wasn't damaged by the storm and everything tested green. I have done a little reading and discovered that this board does not like to boot with USB devices, so I've unplugged everything but a monitor, a stick of ram, a video card, the processor and a PS/2 keyboard. When turning it on all of my devices power on and the onboard power LED (by the RAM slots) turns on, but I get no POST whatsoever. Onboard diagnostic LED shows postcode 88, which according to a thread I read on dficlub.org is just a reserved code. Not sure what to do at this point, though this situation is strangely reminiscent of when I finally found a working Expert board. I have the CMOS jumper set to clear and I am contemplating removing the battery before I go to bed for the evening. Any advice or suggestions from the community?

Also, when the rig is powered off but standby power is on my power supply makes some chirping noises... it did this with the Expert board as well but I didn't have any trouble booting at the time. It's random and intermittent, maybe 5-15 seconds between each, and the standby power LED blinks when it chirps. This made me think that the power supply might be damaged, but like I said it tested just fine (every connector tested with a generic Coolmax PSU tester).