What PC-related magazine do you read and/or subscribe to?

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

60 members have voted

1. 1.

• Maximum PC
    • Computer Shopper
    • PC Gamer
    • CPU - Computer Power User
    • Custom PC
    • Other - List in post

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any magazine you have to pay to subscribe to is a joke.

I'm subscribed to about 3 free magazines.

PC magazines have the same ad-to-article ratio & product placement as audio ones. Paying $150/yr to read something where half of the . is ads makes no sense. They should be happy I'm willing to read it for free.

• 1 month later...

CPC here in the Uk is defiantly always worth a read, hardware reviews are more than often unbiased, and there is some fun and interesting material in it. (mince pie megatest!!) readers drives is good aswell its about 2 pages on a particularly interesting PC normally, goes though mods and hardware stuff.

Guest r3d c0m3t
CPC here in the Uk is defiantly always worth a read, hardware reviews are more than often unbiased, and there is some fun and interesting material in it. (mince pie megatest!!) readers drives is good aswell its about 2 pages on a particularly interesting PC normally, goes though mods and hardware stuff.

I love CPC, thanks to that I've picked up on a lot of what I know now, but I missed the issue where they reviewed the H20-120 Compact.

If you've read it, how did it perform?

I love CPC, thanks to that I've picked up on a lot of what I know now, but I missed the issue where they reviewed the H20-120 Compact.

same here, they pritty much got me into modding o/cing etc.

they are a little biast towards asus & scan.co.uk though, apart from that i find their reviews concrete proof pritty much.

• 2 weeks later...

not biased toward scan they just have big adds and thus get used by most people that read the mag thus get the award every year.

Asus well they make seventeen billion sku's so they almost always hit the nail on the head somewhere.

http://www.custompc.co.uk/reviews/125910/s...20-compact.html

there u go mate. :) However it seems like a bit of BS to me read the actual figured it produces....

• 2 months later...

I agreed wif ag that we can find almost everything on the net indeed.But, sumtimes they give good tutorial on tweaking windows and how to use a program (such as PE Builder, Compile a DVD) that would be very useful if i wanna read repeatedly whenever i'm not in front of my monitor... :)

I got Maximum PC because they gave it to me for free when I bought a Wii....what a useless magazine....

Wife got Games For Windows magazine and even though I think it's ran by wanna-be hicks it aint too awful bad...

I'd rather be soaking my brain to mags like HotRod, Super Chevy or PlayBoy

• 1 month later...

LMAO at all the comments...

I like CPU. However,

Best bang for the buck = National Geographic, $12/yr and all the maps you need to cover your build table.

But overall I'm w the doc...

...I'd rather be soaking my brain to mags like HotRod, Super Chevy or PlayBoy

'cept a different flavor - Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords