Really High Idel temps

badarthur

I just bought a evga 8800gts and installed it in my game box with 64bit XP and the idel temp's were high at 55 at reg fan setting's so i lo9aded expert tool and raised the fan speed to 100%and it went down to 50C .

Ok well I had to mess with it and I loaded up 64bit Vista ultra and the 163.11 and the 162.22 driver's and my idel temp is setting at 67C right now. Is there a driver or something I can do about this. im about ready to reload 64bit XP. I really dont want to blow up a 300 buck video card, BA

I had the same "problem" with mine....so I installed Riva Tuner and setup the fan to run at 85% which to me is the perfect compromise between performance/noise.

Temperatures decreased from 65C idle to 56C

I guess that cooler was starving for airflow... lol

Well I set mine up to 100% and it's still running at 65C+ I may have to buy a newer box that support's 120mm fan's the big chen ming case's that I use only have 80's in them. I even placed a 120 in the plexi glass side shooting right on the vid card. But anyway thank's for your time guy's. Ill just have to see how it's goe's The first artifact and Im going to change something. BA

Right now Im being amazed by the firewall that say's it's turned off, and when I start a BT and get a yellow lite it amazses me that when I place shadow's Bt on the exception list my light turn's green/meaning that there is no longer a firewall or it is unblocked. Amaguine that. and no I cant spell. stilll trying to get my Office spell check working properly. BA

I am planning to mod my case in preparation for my 8800. I am going to put an 80 or 90mm fan at the base of my case directly under where the intake fan is on the VGA card. So the fan will intake air from underneath my case and push the fresh air right into the fan on the VGA card. I will let you guys know if it helps lower my cards temps at all, but I have high hopes. My card doesn't come in till Thursday, so I'll post my results and mod step by step then.