Sign in to follow this  
TroOper

Wierd 7800gt problem

hi,

I recently swapped out my 7800gt to try a friends card, which worked ok.

However when i go to put my 7800gt back in, the system boots up fine(can see hdd led booting as to load windows), but i get no display at all from the minute i turn my system on

The wierd part is that it works fine in another pc , if i put a spare x800xt into my ultra D system boots up into windows ok

Why would a perfectly good gfx not work in either pci-e slot but others will.

Ive tried a quick 15mins cmos clear but that didnt work, am kinda stumped for ideas

There are two DVI outputs on the back of your 7800GT. Have you tried both connectors or just one? Do you remember which output you used before?

hi, yes ive tried both dvi outputs, plus both pci-e slots

kinda weird seeing as it works perfectly in other pc`s and other gfx cards work in my ultra d

Uninstall your graphics drivers, reboot, then reinstall. Nvidia drivers save a profile of you hardware configuration, sometimes they get messed up and try and use a card that doesn't exist, or try to utilize the other PCI-express slot even if no card is present there.

pc boots with it in the slot, but theres no display before/after windows loads, so cant really see drivers making any difference, thanx tho

yes tried a 24hour cmos clear using the cmos clear guide still no joy.

I guess i am stuck with a x800xt instead till the new nvidia range come out, just frustrating tryin to think what is causing a good gfx card not to work.

never come across anything like this before :(