Did my onboard LAN die?

Hey all, I think my onboard LAN gave up the ghost but I figured I'd see what you all think.

So I got a system freeze and restart while loading up a web page a lil bit ago. Since then there is no wired LAN to turn on in my networking devices section. And there is no unknown pci-e device of any kind so it's not recognised and not installed and it's not installed either.

Normally I'd concider getting a pci card and just throwing that in instead of the onboard, but I don't have any free pci slots to do something like that with. And yes I need the wired LAN as well as my wireless so not having it working isn't an option.

Anything you can think of to try, or should I RMA it? And if RMA is the way should I go through DFI or NewEgg?

EDIT:: I just checked the port itself and the green connect light is lit and the amber activity light it blinking at a regular interval of about 1 second if that means anything. I'm still thinking it's quite dead myself though.

More probably the Marvell Yukon drivers ;)

Actually the 975x/g uses a Realtek chipset for the onboard NIC. At least that's what the DFI site says and I've been using realtek drivers for it.

And no dice with reinstalling the drivers. Guess I'll have to RMA it. Anyone know how to set up a RMA though DFI as I'm not seeing anything about it in their support section of the website. Only thing I see that is somewhat close is the tech support email for the San Fran Office.

Guess it's time to get another of my computers working so I can keep working while it's off RMAing.

One of the first things I checked was the bios. But I didn't see a setting to enable / disable it. Which I'll admit confused me as I thought there was one there, but just figured it was my Ultra-D that I was thinking of.

What Bios are you on? Did you try flashing to another version? I guess this would be another thing to try before going through the hassle of RMA'ing. :)

As the sig says I'm on 12/1/06. I've been using it since I got the board so I doubt it's the problem, though I guess no harm in trying.

Now I have to figure out where the heck I put my one working floppy drive... :D I'll post back once I find the drive and do the update.

FMC, I like the Eddie in the Sig :D

Hey there Winter, I have the same problem. My LAN does not work for me too. At first I thought it was my modem or the router. I pretty much did the same troubleshooting as you did, but still its not working. Now that I have the Gigabyte on the line that I was using for the 975, I have pretty much taken the modem and router, even the cables out of the picture to be the problem. Please let me know how you are able to resolve this problem. If not, I guess it will have to be RMA'ed.