Relaxing The Timings Do You Loose A Bit Of

Im putting this in general cause it covers oc /cooling and ram topics

See I know about relaxing RAM timings and i understand the numbers just stand for different latencies and the way the information is gathered and stored and exsecuted on each bank of RAM and the fact it gets me a much higher FSB clock result.

But I dont know why it gets me a better FSB

I always like to know why

It means I really do understand whats going on then.

When you relax your RAM timings , do you loose a bit of overall performance on your RAM but gain speed as well by being able raise your FSB a lot higher(better overall OC so better overall performance ).

Or does relaxing the timing make little or no change to RAM performance but just by changing those internal workings slightly, allow better OC and if this is so why dont RAM manufacturers sell the RAM with these timings already.?

And would using RAM cooling active or passive (which is better in your opinion ) Get you able to use not as relaxed timings or with same timings

a higher FSB raising cababilty (If this is so then its a great reason to have RAM cooling!).

Or does cooling just ensure you dont damage RAM cause I am assuming it doesnt work in the same way as video RAM cause if you cool that you can OC more.

Is there any added risks when relaxing timings even though I have been playing around with it for months

Or again does cooling take some of the risk of relaxed timings out of the equation.. sorry about the long winded exsecution had lot of questions all relating to one issue

the last OC issue I dont have decent knowledge of.

Edited by stocknotclocked

Thanx CODE :D

I will try to strike a balance between the 2 then and if thats not possible, lean towards keeping tighter timings and try a higher multiplier.I think I really should buy some better RAM as it might allow me to get a high FSB with tight timings as well a large multiplier ,which I can get now without even changing voltage so I think I could go (MAYBE?)as high as 13.5 or .

Edited by stocknotclocked