graphics card poll

travthesav

14 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes, id buy it if i needed it
    • yes, its ok
    • no, to expensive
    • no, the cards graphics suck for this price

im looking at this graphics card to buy. its 109$ usd, and im leaning on buying it within the next week. i just want to see what you guys think.

MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E OC GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

here is the link to the page where it is located at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814127286

look to poll for options. i appreaciate anyone who votes and for their honesty thanks guys. and im new to the forums.

for what it is, and the price it is, really, you can't go wrong. mind you, it won't be a powerhouse for gaming though

Exactly. You aren't paying for performance with this card, you are paying for features and DX10. It's a fine card if you're using your computer as a workstation, need HDCP (you'd know if you needed it) or if you need DX10. If your a gamer then your money will be much better spent elsewhere.

Decent card for the price. Performancewise probably comparable to a 7900GS; but DX10 compatible. For a tight budget it'd be a good choice, but I'd rather go with an 8800; even the GTS320 is a kick-a** card.

Yeah I have an 8600GT running in my HTPC right now. It is not being used for HTPC purposes at the moment as I am about to move and am going to purchase a new LCD flat panel for the den. However I just installed it yesterday. And performance seems comparable to that of my 7800GT not quite there, but its close, WITH LOWER RESOLUTIONS!!! Anything above 1280x1024 and this card will complain like a bad girlfriend on valentines day. If you are a gamer look elsewhere......1950XT would be more than twice the speed of this card I would imagine and only another $50 or so to get there. However if this card is going into a production workstation or HTPC it will work nicely, it is virtually silent, and runs cool. All under Vista Ultimate. Runs the full Aero flawlessly.

Now the drivers are another story. I wish Nvidia would get their act together and get these things where they should be. If you need the full feature set for dual head or video settings look elsewhere. It seems lately that Nvidia has become so similar to EA, we get the next gen graphics and all, but the feature set is completely stripped down and unusable.

I recommended this card to him last night when he told me he was on a $100 budget. He says he wants something for moderate gaming that will be better than his 6500. The only thing about this 8600 is that it only has 256 MiB of RAM, instead of the standard 512.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...