Sign in to follow this  
red930

Video upgrade

whats the best way to go

#1 another 7600gt xxx for sli $79

#2 XFX 8600 GT/620 Fatal1ty $145

Neither

Dig, scrape, beg, steal, borrow...and get a 8800gts 320

But if you have to chose.. 7600gt in sli..

Keep in mind for around 150$ you can get any 7900 series or 1950 series used.. They will play most all games out now max..

Neither

Dig, scrape, beg, steal, borrow...and get a 8800gts 320

But if you have to chose.. 7600gt in sli..

Keep in mind for around 150$ you can get any 7900 series or 1950 series used.. They will play most all games out now max..

agreed

don't buy something that you don't really want just to 'get you by'.

Save an extra month or three and get what you really wanted (an 8800GTS or 2900XT).

But if you aren't that hardcore of a gamer, get a 7900GT or X1900XT (I still use em and they play everything!)

well from the reviews ive looked at 2 7600GT beats out a single 7900 And i really dont know what to do with all the eye candy

i wouldn't count on two 7600's beating a single 7900 too much in real games

I'd still go for a single 7900 over anything lesser

Yes a 7900GT/GS will beat an 8600GT. At anything greater than 1280x1024.

Also don't count on many games being optimized for SLI. There are few games that you will get optimum performance from SLI. Stay with a single card, you will have half the chance for hardware failure and you won't have to be tinkering around with SLI profiles constantly, and installing third party apps just to get your machine to run properly. SLI is nice in a pinch but hardly ideal.

Yes they are.....but you can get a 1950XT for less I believe, which are better performers. But I would scrimp and save for an 8800GTS320 if i were you. I'm actually getting a 640 tomorrow for my main rig.

Yes they are.....but you can get a 1950XT for less I believe, which are better performers. But I would scrimp and save for an 8800GTS320 if i were you. I'm actually getting a 640 tomorrow for my main rig.

Ive had all i can take from ATI all stick with Nvidia. Id jump right on a 1950 it it wasnt ATI

The worst feeling in the world in the computer business is to make a hasty decision chosing a component and a week later relize you could have got twice the performance for half the price.. And it happens alot.. Research and have patience(I know its easy to say).. You dont want to buy somthing you will unhappy with in a week..

7950's are a very good card yes.. I used to have a 7900gtx and thought it rocked.. Until i traded it for a 1950xtx!!!!!

yeah I know the 1950 would be the best way out. But like i said I have just had to much bad with anything to do with ATI. I cant get a 7900 new but they show a 7950

Sign in to follow this