Who is the best with power supplies?

Angry_Games

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I'm over here and can't take part... after that little exchange I just witnessed... ;)

Maybe when i get back state-side I can be of more help... and maybe I'll have time to write the couple guides I had planned... it's just been pretty fast paced for me here lately...

You might want me to get it last...lol

It will be more or less disassembled while I'm testing it.

Plus the molesting I'll be giving it. I've got a dual cpu server board that I'll be using to test it under load. That board, a pair of 604 Xeons, 2 gigs of RAM, and a few HDDs. Should make it scream...

don't worry, Praz will have already un-assembled it as he'll be the first one to get it lol. When we do it, it is called disassembling. When he does it, it's call un-assembling (hyphen included, even bolded if possible heh).

don't ruin it. That's one mandate. If you don't know how to disassemble without destroying it, then don't do it. I can't be getting them replaced (but reviewers can be replaced multiple times lol).

I trust that you know what you are doing. That's just standard warning stuff.

• 1 month later...

Heh, moar power!!!! :D

A good friend of mine has a load tester I am sure he will allow me to use.

If he does, I'll take one of my other PSUs, do a write-up on it and send it to you along with pics. Give me until at least the end of next week to get it done.

I know how to disassemble a PSU. I'll just use one of my old ones to torture I guess...now where's that PowMax?

last I heard from Praz, he had the Corsair 450 psu. It will go to ExRoadie next, then after that, I'm not sure. One more moderator at least, then we'll put it out with the freaks (that's you guys, the non-mods lol)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I realise this post is quite old but am willing to help out if I can. Living in the UK may not be much help I don't know? Currently working as a Medical Equipment Service Engineer and I am a time served Electronics Technician. Let me know.

Regards

Paul