Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Who is the best with power supplies?

So this is a serious question. I need to find two of you VIP's that are excellent with electronics, power supplies especially.

Don't lie because we'll find out when you get the power supply and we have you test it and do a write-up, and if that happens, we'll never rely on you again to do anything for us.

If you are good with power supplies/electronics, and do a decent job at giving us your test results and some words/opinions, we'll work you in to our regular rotation.

That's all the details I'm gonna give right now, so anyone who feels like they think they know for sure they could give a power supply a pretty good testing, post here.

(we finally starting to get into all those things I been yappin about since January)

So to clarify; you mean that you want professional tests run on them like measuring voltage spikes and drops during load, efficiency drops under higher temps, ripple etc, right?

I've worked with electronics and components for about 6 years now...(testing/building circuits and PCBs, watching for imperfections from the power source and the like).

If you''d like I could take a look at a few, otherwise I can help whoever gets chosen if they don't know how to do certain tests. (I know amperage is a bugger for alot of people.)

If you need any help or advice on the types of tests throw me a PM.

EDIT: Also I have a test rig I can loan if someone is short components or tools for testing. (Not all of us have a million parts laying around Angry... j/k don't kill me.)

Reel: you ain't got to be PCPER or Johnny Guru, I just want someone who has a brain and has experience in opening up psu's and knowing wtf the components inside are and if they are put together right, as well as being able to use the unit, test it, load it, whatever. Someone who knows wtf they are doing with a psu.

The honest answer is that as good as I am, I'm not a psu guy. I'm afraid of electricity in the sense of opening some . up and touching something or putting it back together and it blowing up lol. I'm just not a master of power supplies.

RAM, mobos, cpu's, yeah, I'm the man. psu's...not me.

shattered: email me your personal info (name, address, telephone #, email address, and anything that pertains to this subject)

everyone else: need one more dude.

Well, I ain't afraid to mess with power, hell I opened my 24" CRT up to fix a cable, and messed with plenty of PSUs. I wish had a decent work area in my new apartment, I don't think playing with high power stuff while my 2 year old is hanging on my back is a good idea, lol. shatteredsteel sounds more qualified than me anyways, good luck, bud.

E-mail Sent Angry, I'm surprised you lost my info already haha...

i don't keep anyone's personal information longer than to complete a sales deal.

this sort of thing however is completely different and I will be keeping your information as this will be an ongoing thing

no more psu guys in our VIP section????

I'll leave this until tonight, then I'll post in the open forum to find one more guy...

I have a pretty decent electronics knowledge, and the right equipment to throw a good set of tests at a PSU but again, I'm gonna be away for a while.... maybe next time, when I'm settled at my first duty station.

edit: lol, just realized how old this post was, you probably already found someone.

nah would still like someone to fool with a psu, as well as some PC8500 DDR2 that Crucial is sending...but ya gotta be in USA =(

would still like someone to fool with a psu

Will this be caught on camera? Is this the new direction for DIY-Street? Extreme Techno-fetishists. Could pay for the site though.

Send that PSU on over. I'll give it a nice fondling, but it may never be the same again, hehe.

You might want me to get it last...lol

It will be more or less disassembled while I'm testing it.

Plus the molesting I'll be giving it. I've got a dual cpu server board that I'll be using to test it under load. That board, a pair of 604 Xeons, 2 gigs of RAM, and a few HDDs. Should make it scream...