Sign in to follow this  
gyzod

help board seems dead with no reason

The windows memory diagnostics runs fine with no errors. I downclocked the memory to 333 and I put some very relax memory timing. Now the computer completly powers off when I run sandra "Cache and Memory" benchmark or the vista experience index benchmark. There is no BSOD or dump. What a hell... I suspect these shutdown are the cause of my first broken board. Maybe the PSU shutdown the computer for a specific reason i don't know...

I will try a full memtest86 test.

Any clue ?

The memtest did not finished... Poweroff before the end of the test. Same thing with only one stick of memory.

I really don't know what's the problem... The computer shutdown when it's under stress.

Could it be temperature problem ?

CPU : 45 C

CHIPSET : 39 C

Ok,

Here's the weirdess... I monitored the system temperature when on stress (sandra and vista performance index test). Here's the results from differents monitoring software :

NVidia monitor : CPU 72 !! (no load : 51)

ITE Smartguard : CPU 45 (no load : 45)

Sissoft sandra : CPU 90 !!! (no load : anything)

BIOS (after reboot) : 56 (no load : 50)

So, it explain the shutdowns ! The temperature goes up and down dramatically (except with Smartguard) when on load and when not.

I updated my BIOS to the latest version and same thing.

Anybody else got this problem ?

Ok,

Just to end this thread. I changed CpuCooler for an ASUS extreme cooling from a local store and the system is seems very stable cpu temp in 39-46 degrees C range.

Bye and thank you.