Sign in to follow this  
gyzod

help board seems dead with no reason

Hi,

The mobo worked fine for 4 days and now when I try to power it up, I get nothing... no screen, no sound, nothing. The fans are turning... that's all.

I flashed it with the latest bios the first day and it worked fine... The CPU is working with another board, PSU and memory too. It's the first time i see that, the board completed stopped working with no reason.

Athlon X2 3800

4x1G DDR400

Geforce 7600gs

2 SATA harddrive

450W PSU

I swapped back my old A8S and it's all is working.

Any idea ?

Have you tried clearing the CMOS and reseating the CPU, GFX, RAM, etc?

Oftentimes clearing the CMOS and/or reseating does the trick.

I removed the battery and put the jumper on clear for 2 days. Restarted it with PSU + GPU + CPU + 1 stick of memory and... nothing. The board is powered but do nothing.

Would I RMA or there is something else to try ?

There seems to be a lot of this kind of issues in other threads.

You say 450W PSU - but you dont specify which type/make/model... This could quite likely be your problem...

The full CMOS clear from a no-boot is in my sig - give that a shot and see if you continue to have troubles. Don't skip any steps (eg. if you don't have a ps/2 keyboard)

yup, another possible PS issue. click ganders75 PSU Guide linkie for help...

the gaint PS thread has to be made a sticky in this section, it would help mucho...

laterz

You say 450W PSU - but you dont specify which type/make/model... This could quite likely be your problem...

The full CMOS clear from a no-boot is in my sig - give that a shot and see if you continue to have troubles. Don't skip any steps (eg. if you don't have a ps/2 keyboard)

I didn't notice that earlier; the 450W PSU is also a valid candidate for being the culprit.

Yeah... thank you guys... you're strong!

My PSU is a JUSTPC 450W and I just read the thread of davidhammock200 and JUUST PC is a psu brand to avoid! Also maybe it's the reason I had so much problems with my this computer.

I'm gonna buy a OCZ Stealthxstream 600W.

A good choice. Think the PSU of choice these days would have to be the Corsair 520 or 620 if you can get your hands on one of those instead? They are great value for money...

I'll receive the replacement board in a couple of days. It was broken probably due to an overcharge or something bad from the psu... I asked for a replacement in case...

I tried the ocz, it's very silent.

I tell you feedback.

Thank you guys.

Ok here is some news. I still have some random BSOD (1 per day) with the new board and PSU. Almost related to PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_MEMORY. Maybe my (auto/default) memory timings are to good with my value (cheap) ram ([email protected]). I don't want to overclock, I only want to have a very stable system with a bunch of RAM. (I use to do a lot of software programming with Visual Studio which need a lot of RAM with Vista x64). So I saw a very good memory guide here : http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11397 . I will try to override default memory timings to have a more stable system.

Current timing which causes BSOD are 200mhz, 3-3-3-8, 2T command rate, dual channel.

Thank you guys.

have you run memtest yet? looks like you'll need to find osme stable settings, if you can run 8+ hoursz of memtest w/o errors, you are probably good to go.... but it could just be one stick causing problems... best bet is to test each one individually... i know it may take a few days, but its the best shot you got IMO