Sign in to follow this  
red930

Serious Gamers I need some help BAD

Serous Gamers I need some help BAD

Ok my sig is up to date but my new 170. My problem is I got so bad butt lag . And I have no idea how to fix it. I play BF2 with my boy.

His PC MSI 754 k800mm 2800 cpu running stock.6600GT agp 512 meg of ram .

Now we play at home Len . we both fly choppers. I can shoot him down. Sit at a flag that’s down. He spones for 12 and waits for his chopper can fly to a flag lower it raze it and fly to me BEFORE I can raze a lowered flag. He says when we are dog fighting that im all jerky.

I shoot him ten times and he walks away or turns around and shoots me. Now that’s some messed up lag .

I have set everything on my video card to defaults use the same low settings as him settings. What the hell going on as im to the point of never playing games with him. And we like to game together

When im playing on line people run by me like in standing and im running ?

There are so many variables to what could be causing the problem.

How clean is your install of Windows? Do you have all kinds of processes running at once in task manager? Do you have proper spyware and adware programs? I suggest Spybot and Adaware to eliminate the problems and Spyware Blaster to protect your PC from any incoming problems. Also make sure to defrag your hard drives about once a month.

Are other games that you play this slow as well? If you have laggy issues with other games then you might be able to eliminate your connection as the problem. When you game are you gaming on the same connection to the internet or just LAN? Try playing Battlefield by yourself without him playing to eliminate the possibility of low bandwidth.

Have you updated your video drivers? And if you have, have you installed them correctly? To install new drivers make sure you uninstall your previous ones first and then use Driver Cleaner Pro in safe mode to eliminate extra files and registry entries that the uninstall missed. Make sure all other drivers are up to date as well.

Are you sure nothing is overheating? Are all components fitting snug? Take a look inside your computer to make sure all the hardware is in check.

How long have you had Windows installed? It's probable that with low maintenance of Windows and all the installs and crap that builds up your computer is getting choked. If you do all the steps above and nothing seems to work then you might want to backup all your files that you need and do a fresh install of Windows and all your programs.

yeah i never have anything but one program running at a time. new installs 2 months old on a raid. I just played him on our rdx200 1 gig and 6600gt and it smokes mine too. its just dead butt slow new ram and cpu in last month everything seams up to snuff but i can play on any of the pc (6) and they all smoke mine Ive been having problems with DIY also seams i have to log out every post i read and back in. Could it be a bad net cable ?

Witch network port should i be useing on this nf4 d?

I play BF2 all the time and I experience a bit of random to bad lag on a few servers myself. What I've discovered is that some servers don't handle 2 or more people playing from the same IP very well. My roomate plays too, and that is when I start to have issues. Some servers we play on I don't have any lag issues, but others I experience lag so bad it's like watching a slide show. When this happens we find another server to play on and all is well.

A bad network cable could cause lots of different problems. Might try a new one.

Well at least you know its your comp and not your internet seeing that your on LAN when your having problems. Did you possibly install Nvidia Firewall? That could be giving you problems. Maybe go into your bios and make sure all your ethernet options are on or off accordingly. What kind of router are you using? You could also try a direct connect from computer to computer and rule out the router.

No the Nvidaia fire wall in not installed. Could be somthing wrong with my raid 0? as its not benching any faster then mt 80gig sata non raid ? I got a new install on a 80 gig all install BF2 on it and see how it does rule out my os and raid

That sounds like a connection problem to me...

how does it play when you play single player, or start your own server?

well that's all i play is single play and own server when we play together. that's what i don't understand. I have the same problem when playing single play everyone runs by me like in just standing there. Like in single play i can be standing right at the chopper and the guy 300 feet away get it lol. And its only my PC. I seam to have a problem staying connected to the forum too. as if im editing a post it will hang and when i turn off the forum and try to log back in it says cant find. but it will load other web sites. Im just useing drivers off XP2 install for Nvidia and the board install disk? But then so is all the other PCs

ok, so it's not network lag, it's definitely a prob on your machine, as it happens when you play by yourself. Have you uninstalled and re-installed the latest video card drivers? Also, will you run HiJackThis and post the log it creates for me? I'll have a look and see if something awry with that... it's a weird problem... but maybe we can find something... lol

edit: I just noticed you're from Oregon... my fiance is from Enterprise...

ok, so it's not network lag, it's definitely a prob on your machine, as it happens when you play by yourself. Have you uninstalled and re-installed the latest video card drivers? Also, will you run HiJackThis and post the log it creates for me? I'll have a look and see if something awry with that... it's a weird problem... but maybe we can find something... lol

edit: I just noticed you're from Oregon... my fiance is from Enterprise...

ok all do that also i remember that there all running BF2 stock off the cd and im running with patch 1.3 could that do it? everyones running the 94.?? video drivers

ahhh my home grounds walla lake :D nicest lake in the world :D was raised in Imbler and Elgin . the only town that puts up a Billboard sign that says open season on Portland elk hunters :DYeah red neck from hell:nod: used to hunt up at promis. And of coarce flooting the grand ron river

Edit ok how do i send you the log?