Adding HD

No jumpers that I can see

Check the back of the HDD

do you have a link to the new HDD?

there has to be jumpers to set master , slave or cable select

only on PATA drives

only a few SATA HDDs need a jumper... I ran into one recently myself... and it's not the same as setting Master Slave etc... it was for how it talked to the SATA controller (since SATA drives are automatically on their own channel)

You say the boot order was set to Hard Disk first, but did you set it so that the first drive was the first in order? There's two different setting, one to say HDD's are first, and another menu to say WHICH HDD is first... sounds like your issue (without much detail on your problem :-P)

by the way, whats with the reference to the SATA ports being unlocked, so not good if you OC? how does that work? I never heard of that... but then again, this is my first DFI board (the Expert) since the socket 7 days... (used to swear by them... and my fave, Soyo...)

Guest Ghost
by the way, whats with the reference to the SATA ports being unlocked, so not good if you OC? how does that work? I never heard of that... but then again, this is my first DFI board (the Expert) since the socket 7 days... (used to swear by them... and my fave, Soyo...)

That's a problem for nf3 only, as sata ports 1&2 are on a separate controller which unfortunately isn't fully locked (general consensus is not use it over 240htt), so only ports 3&4 should be used.

But then again, the original post should only need to put a jumper in his diamondmax disks in the 2 pins right next to the sata connector, then as you said, enter the sub-menu for disk boot order on top of that bios page.