q6600: a g0 adventure

Currently testing a new q6600 g0 from NCIX, called and the lady said thats pretty much all they have left, most of the b3s are gone. Actually have only heard one report of someone getting a b3 out of about 20 so chances are youd get one if you ordered.

Here is the setup

q6600

eVGA 680i p30 bios

G.skill Hz's

8800 ultra (RMAing atm, x550 till then:mad: )

850 watt OCZ GXS

Cooling:

D-tek Fuzion, MCP655, MCR320, MCRES-Micro 1/2 tubing

Currently running 3 hours stable at 400x8 1.35v set 1.27v loaded.

Probably going to bump it up if it passes 4. Another thing, might try the vdroop mod on vr-forums tomorrow.

Too lazy to resize

i960615_q66003hrs.JPG

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice quad you got there man. Nice to see another G0 kicking butt as I'm in line to get one at Tankguys.

Are you for sure the vdroop is that ridiculous? DMM or software? If it's software I only take it with a grain of salt.

Congrats.

Hey, what's the exact voltage you have your CPU set to in the BIOS? I'm curious cuz I kinda wanna start manually setting my voltages in the BIOS and I think my test run at 3.333GHz went well, but I also think it was given more voltage than it really needed...

And nice clock so far on that puppy btw ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one is from tankguys. I received it last tuesday(part of the first run of Q6600's to be shipped from tankguys).

L724A760 Packed on 7/27/07

VID:1.2875

th.e76b51e6aa.jpg

This one is from tankguys. I received it last tuesday(part of the first run of Q6600's to be shipped from tankguys).

L724A760 Packed on 7/27/07

VID:1.2875

th.e76b51e6aa.jpg

Yup thats the one I got as well! 3.4 at 1.4V on air? We see what I can get out of it on mu P35-DQ6 :)

Yup thats the one I got as well! 3.4 at 1.4V on air? We see what I can get out of it on mu P35-DQ6 :)

Yup. On air. Right now i'm priming @ 3.5ghz (9x390) with 1.43v. If the voltage would stay stable it wouldn't need as much voltage. Looks like it's when it dips below 1.39v is when it craps out when priming. Running for about 30 minutes now and the highest i've seen temp wise as of yet is 64C. This is using the Scythe Infinity with 2 120mm fans in push/pull configuration.

I'm curios what the same batch will do on the newer more quad core friendly p35 chipset.

Temps shot up past 70C after 30 minutes. Looks like this is it for air. Not worth the extra heat for another 100mhz. Looks like this is my max stable overclock with air cooling on this board. I'm looking at getting a P35 based board pretty soon here so i'll be curios to see what you get on air.

Temps shot up past 70C after 30 minutes. Looks like this is it for air. Not worth the extra heat for another 100mhz. Looks like this is my max stable overclock with air cooling on this board. I'm looking at getting a P35 based board pretty soon here so i'll be curios to see what you get on air.

What was the max. voltage you gave the chip? 1.43V or 1.5V like your sig states?

I need to update my sig. Not running the 6420 anymore. The max volts i gave it was 1.43v. If i'm already hitting 70 then i'm not gonna give it any more. Guess i'll have to look into water if i want more or maybe with a p35 i can hit higher on less voltage.