Sign in to follow this  
sverige

mobile 4000+

hey guys, i'm going to purchase a newark mobile 4000+. i plan to try overclocking it on my dfi board to 3.0ghz but will need a decent cooler to acheive this. i beleive i need a bolt on cpu. i found one on new egg, will it suffice? thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835118112

the big typhoon would be lots better 4 bucks more. But dont get the new VR one as its clip on

hey guys, i just got my mobile 4000+ chip. there is a thin film of plastic covering the L1/L2 cache and the film is cut off over the core. This is normal right? I don't have to take the film off do I?

hey guys, i just got my mobile 4000+ chip. there is a thin film of plastic covering the L1/L2 cache and the film is cut off over the core. This is normal right? I don't have to take the film off do I?

As long as the core has direct contact with your heatsink and the plastic doesn't interfere with it, I'd leave it on. I assume the the plastic just covers the little chips around the core?

The last mobile I had was a 3700+ and didn't have anything on it, but protecting those small chips would have been nice.

Edit: If it looks like it might melt it should probably go though. :angel:

ok sweet, now with this film on mind, i was going to get a bolt on big typhoon. I'm looking at my chip now and putting some extra electrical tape on top of the film, i may be able to use my clip cooler for now and get the aftermarket cooler later? would this be ok if i can make the core align with the tape? would my cooler get good contact with the core without the IHS?

ok sweet, now with this film on mind, i was going to get a bolt on big typhoon. I'm looking at my chip now and putting some extra electrical tape on top of the film, i may be able to use my clip cooler for now and get the aftermarket cooler later? would this be ok if i can make the core align with the tape? would my cooler get good contact with the core without the IHS?

I'm going to guess any clip cooler isn't going to be putting very much pressure on an IHS-less chip, which is pretty much why bolt-on coolers are recommended for 'naked' processors.

But putting a layer of electrical tape around the core is a good idea (I did it). I'd say take of the 'stock' plastic before doing so though.

i think that 4000+ will do quite well just be sure to cool it proper

i have a 4000 and it runs like a champ i just love it .

but be sure to cool it water would be best at 3.0 but i guess you could do it on air with somthing im not real sure on that !

Guest drteming

If you are going to use a clip on heatsink on the mobile chip, get this: https://shop.msicomputer.com/App/StoreFront...il.aspx?ID=1021 and remove the felt protector on the cpu side carefully. Lap both sides, replace the felt protector and apply thermal compound of your choice. I am running at Turion ML-37 on my Shuttle rig with such a setup and it does great.

thanks guys for all your input, i really should of posted this in the cooling section. sorry about that.

can anyone recommend a couple of more bolt thru coolers besides the big typhoon and zalman series? i don't really want to spend over 35 dollars on a cooler but i guess i will if there is no other choice. i like that Thermaltake Series TMG A2 but i think that is clip on too but not sure?

nice, the 4000+....

as far as the plastic goes, it is normal, mine came that way too.

the only thing you have to be real careful about is the heatsink attachment due to the lidless CPU....

it would be nice to see what she does....

laterz.