Project: RAD GT -- Custom Acrylic Case Worklog

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

radodrill,

I just read through all eight pages of your build log and have subscribed.

You, Sir, should be commended on your patience and attention to detail.

The fact that three well known companies are sponsoring you should give serious attention to the capabilities / abilities you possess.

Your skills and knowledge have shown in the work you have done on this project.

I am waiting patiently for the finished product. This will be good! :D

radodrill,

I just read through all eight pages of your build log and have subscribed.

You, Sir, should be commended on your patience and attention to detail.

The fact that three well known companies are sponsoring you should give serious attention to the capabilities / abilities you possess.

Your skills and knowledge have shown in the work you have done on this project.

I am waiting patiently for the finished product. This will be good! :D

Thanks a lot Ace :D:D:D

I've got some more wiresleeving and CCFLs on their way from A.C.Ryan (using a lot of the 3mm, and the size of the case warrants 2 pairs of each color CCFLs) and DangerDen is sending me a fill-port res as well (only 15cm between the fill-port and the tie-in to the loop)

I'll be mounting 30cm red CCFLs top/bottom, a pair of 30cm UVs in the rear, and a pair of 20cm CCFLs in the front.

I'm still trying to get at least some of the hardware sponsored as well.

Why 2x1Gb for such a kickass system? Go for 2x2Gb lol.

Your work has inspired me to start building my own acrylic case as well.

Awesome job btw.

About the fastest 4Gb kits I've seen are PC2-6400 (DDR2-800) if they'd allow high OCs on a 1:1 divider then I might go with them instead.

be sure to post a log when you build your case :)

hav u looked a reaper memory rado? i dont now about US prices, but they seem pritty cheep compaired to other simular modules in the UK.

i do like the dominator to, as they are all so well binned, but they seem over priced even so.

take a look at these beasts

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AData/D...0-Plus-1GB-Kit/

the techpower bloke had them booting with stock mobo voltage & still had them running @ 1200Mhz

their not in the UK yet, so i hav no idea on their pricing.

hav u looked a reaper memory rado? i dont now about US prices, but they seem pritty cheep compaired to other simular modules in the UK.

i do like the dominator to, as they are all so well binned, but they seem over priced even so.

take a look at these beasts

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AData/D...0-Plus-1GB-Kit/

the techpower bloke had them booting with stock mobo voltage & still had them running @ 1200Mhz

their not in the UK yet, so i hav no idea on their pricing.

I'm looking into all the options; at least the OCZ reapers don't have such a large sink as the teamgroup xtremes (probably can only use 2 on them on a MB)

After testing the PWM fan controller with the Blackfire fans I realized that at low speeds the fans were "growling." By means of trial & error I discovered that if I replace the 0.1uF timing capacitor with a 100pF capacitor (raising the PWM frequency from 30Hz to 30KHz) the symptoms are resolved.

Here's the Baseboard after a few more coats of paint, sanding, and steel wool treatment.

Base5.jpg

Finished installing the rest of the fans

Watercooling15.jpg

Here are some gallery shots of the case; not that I've also installed a fill-port reservoir

Case14.jpg

Case15.jpg

Case16.jpg

Case17.jpg

Case18.jpg

Case19.jpg

Sponsors:

DangerDen.jpg A_C_Ryan.jpg PTS.jpg

This is looking sick.

Were you able to get a hold of Newegg orZipzoomfly?

Newegg doesn't seem to sponsor projects; and I never was able to get in touch with the ZZF marketing rep

Agreed, looks real sweet. I would just change the color of the power and activity LEDs ;)

Power will be a blue ring-illuminated pushbutton; HDD activity is a small red LED. Both are at the top of the case (not lit in these pics). The lit LEDs are indicators for the case lighting.