Sign in to follow this  
radodrill

Project: RAD GT -- Custom Acrylic Case Worklog

Guest Blooz1

radodrill, how tall is that case, and how much does it weigh?

I forget - are you going to put casters on it? (Don't remember if anybody asked about this!)

BTW - U a brave guy workin' on a project like this barefoot!

Damn, that thing looks clean shiny. Great job on the polishing. Maybe I missed you mention it before, but did you think of a name for the project yet? I was thinking something along the lines of Crystal would be fitting.

BTW, you know I was gonna say something about that foot too, haha.

radodrill, how tall is that case, and how much does it weigh?

I forget - are you going to put casters on it? (Don't remember if anybody asked about this!)

BTW - U a brave guy workin' on a project like this barefoot!

The case itself is 55cm tall; I'll be adding some LED illuminated acrylic case feet (~3cm tall). I'll also be building a wheeled base for it; black lacquered MDF with casters on the bottom.

I haven't weighed it yet so I couldn't say.

Around the house I'm always barefoot :tooth:

Damn, that thing looks clean shiny. Great job on the polishing. Maybe I missed you mention it before, but did you think of a name for the project yet? I was thinking something along the lines of Crystal would be fitting.

BTW, you know I was gonna say something about that foot too, haha.

On the Bit-tech forums I've started calling it "RAD GT". RAD is one of my handles (also the username on my PCs); and the GT is a throwback to cars indicating high performance (i.e. Carrera GT).

I didn't intend to get my foot in the shot; I didn't really notice it until after I'd posted the pics.

Guest Blooz1

HAR! I knew it!

radodrill, I've seen that happen sooo many times, where people have taken pictures of their feet by mistake when shooting pics of parts, usually for sales/trading threads or for worklogs!

HAR! I knew it!

radodrill, I've seen that happen sooo many times, where people have taken pictures of their feet by mistake when shooting pics of parts, usually for sales/trading threads or for worklogs!

At least it's just one pic; I've seen a lot of worklogs where most of the pics show off the shoes.

Didn't know you had a worklog going. Nice work. Wish I could actually come up with the time to start a project. Until I get my Dad in for knee surgery I am doing 12 - 14 hour days at the shop and then back to take care of him at night. It took me 3 weeks just to find time to install my Q6600.

If I attempt anything at the shop I lose too much time because everyone that comes in wants to know what it is I am building.

Didn't know you had a worklog going. Nice work. Wish I could actually come up with the time to start a project. Until I get my Dad in for knee surgery I am doing 12 - 14 hour days at the shop and then back to take care of him at night. It took me 3 weeks just to find time to install my Q6600.

If I attempt anything at the shop I lose too much time because everyone that comes in wants to know what it is I am building.

See I wasn't keeping you hanging in the other thread :tooth: this is even linked in my sig :cool:

Hope you get some time to work on projects soon; I'm now busier due to the new semester having started. BTW What kind of shop do you have?

General Auto Repair/ Machine shop is my bread and butter. I also do custom race engines and metal fab such as headers, turbo setups and rollcages but the flow on those jobs isn't enough to move into it exclusively. It does support my hobbies and allows me to play with my cars.

The custom work is great, gives me a chance to showcase my skills and have a little pride in the work I turn out. The drawback is, just like everything else, most people do not think in terms of quality vs. price but only the price. Even at that I make enough money off of the people that want quality to build myself some rather fast rides.

This is next years project. 30lbs of boost that should end up right around 1300HP packaged in a 1600lb car. Should be exciting..

TurbosMedium.jpg