Quad Core System Advice

CharmedLover84

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the fact that someone with a Q6600 @ 3GHz is smoking me on 3DMark06 by 4K right now, I'm sure I'll pass them at stock with that thing because of the faster FSB. We'll see though, I'm just looking forward to having a brand new setup to fiddle with.

Processor should be here Thursday... I'm still in a state of euphoria from having finally gotten exactly what I wanted LOL Even though it was more than I originally wanted to pay for it.

Main increases I'm looking forward to, though, are FEAR, Oblivion, Dark Messiah and other games I plan to play the crap out of now that I can play them all the way up without turning the reso down to 1680x1050 ;)

Main increases I'm looking forward to, though, are FEAR, Oblivion, Dark Messiah and other games I plan to play the crap out of now that I can play them all the way up without turning the reso down to 1680x1050 ;)

It's gonna be damn smooth. Sure you don't want to pick up a 30" monitor just to give her a challenge?

:D

It's gonna be damn smooth. Sure you don't want to pick up a 30" monitor just to give her a challenge?

:D

Agreed! 30" would be sweet! I paid the q6600 G0 from Tank Guys yestarday! See how that thing will clock! :)

When I can afford it, I plan to get one ;) For now I will be plenty happy with being able to run anything at 1920x1200 on max settings. LOL I just wish Oblivion's HDR and AA would work at the same time on NVidia cards... Dark Messiah does it just perfectly, why can't Oblivion? Grrr.

Well then... I'll be sellin' my 8800s after I get some good gaming and benchmarking in on EBay and buyin' a cheap 8600 or somethin' and hording my money left over til then :-D

Bingo if you can wait!

if I can get 1100 outta both my cards in two weeks

That might be a bit optimistic since two new Ultras can be had for for 1200.00 not including 40.00 in rebates.

Yeah, we'll see, honestly anything over 900 will be perfectly okay by me lol anywho, I'm off to assemble my new system... I'll be online the whole time so expect questions to be posted under a general system assembly thread I'll start in the Intel thread if needed...

What's the cost of your gaming experience for 3+ months?

Yeah, you'll lose more money if you sell the 8800s now, but can you play games on a 'measly' 8600 until you can upgrade them?

Personally, it's not really worth the loss in money, from a gamer's point of view.